Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Sumospeed.com's First monthly feature: K20-T MR2

Old 09-13-2009 | 04:48 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Sumospeed.com's First monthly feature: K20-T MR2

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
yeah i didnt have time to clean things up before the shoot. my exhaust DP changed because of the bigger turbo. it's cleaner now with flame proof flat black paint on the turbo and heat wrapped DP.

also with the bigger turbo, it needed a bigger fuel pump so i ordered a Monkeywrench 255lph fuel pump. not yet installed but on it's way.
the car sputters at higher boost because the stock fuel pump is only good to about 250whp. i cannot imagine doubling that power, i might piss my pants (500whp temporary goal)
Last time I saw the car it was at that meet down by Croatan in the beach.

What motor is it, a k20a3? A A2 is almost putting out close to 250whp and adding a turbo, you should be way over that. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Either way, very cool car.
Old 09-13-2009 | 04:52 PM
Do Work
Team Ultraspeed

Do Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond reputeDo Work has a reputation beyond repute

cool idea.
Old 09-13-2009 | 04:56 PM
Kris.Is.Foamin
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Good stuff. I remember seeing this car with no motor, helping you guys a little.
Old 09-13-2009 | 04:59 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Bare with me on this. I'm not all that certain what those interiors look like stock.

-Red plastic accents (possibly a reflection on some pieces?)

-Red shift boot

-Red E-brake cover

-Aftermarket gauges look very out of place, to me

Not much to nit-pick about, I know, but overall I really don't like it. None of the aftermarket upgrades flow with the car.
the reds are leather not painted.
guages look ok to me, better than pillar mounted ones.

the interior is fairly stock, how would i make it "flow with the car" better?

Last edited by jdm monkey; 09-13-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:00 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Good stuff. I remember seeing this car with no motor, helping you guys a little.
yah helping me get sidetracked hahahah
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:01 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Last time I saw the car it was at that meet down by Croatan in the beach.

What motor is it, a k20a3? A A2 is almost putting out close to 250whp and adding a turbo, you should be way over that. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Either way, very cool car.
k20a2. yah anything past 5-7 psi, it sputters.
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:06 PM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
the reds are leather not painted.
guages look ok to me, better than pillar mounted ones.
I still don't like the red, even if it's leather.

In a small car with such a busy HUD, I would suggest integrating the gauges into the dash. I think it would make the dash look much cleaner. (I'm not talking about in your glove box either...)

No bashing, just my opinion...
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:18 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
I still don't like the red, even if it's leather.

In a small car with such a busy HUD, I would suggest integrating the gauges into the dash. I think it would make the dash look much cleaner. (I'm not talking about in your glove box either...)

No bashing, just my opinion...
ohh ok i see what u mean.
thanks for your opinion, i thought youre not bashing so i asked you to elaborate what u were saying
im not the best of anything so i listen to what people have to say.
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:36 PM
Bumper Caddy
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

the engine bay is much cleaner now helped a little with that yesterday almost had some wrenches dropped on me though..... but im pretty sure his interior all came that way other then the obvious seats, guages, and wheel. cant wait til the fuel pump comes in jiorjo
Old 09-13-2009 | 05:46 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

Originally Posted by Bumper Caddy
the engine bay is much cleaner now helped a little with that yesterday almost had some wrenches dropped on me though..... but im pretty sure his interior all came that way other then the obvious seats, guages, and wheel. cant wait til the fuel pump comes in jiorjo
ninja, you need a fuel pump too.
and all i have to say is that your face is a great wrench catcher. I think i tested that like 5 times

lol i dont think this car will ever be done..full CF anybody?

Quick Reply: Sumospeed.com's First monthly feature: K20-T MR2