Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Craftsman Dog Bone Tool

Old 12-21-2009 | 08:28 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Craftsman Dog Bone Tool

Originally Posted by ShawnD
I buy the cheapest tool available. I have a set of evolve metric things and they work like they should. They are pretty much for going to pick and pull or roadside emergency.
Are they halfway decent quality? I'd like to get a decent sized carry case type deal to put in my car...
Old 12-22-2009 | 10:22 AM
Niburu
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Lol, I've broken plenty of craftsman shit, and plenty of snapon shit.

But I'd rather pay 1/4 of the price for craftsman shit, and replace it for FREE the SAME FUCKING DAY- no questions asked.

I broke a snapon torque wrench- I had to wait a week for the guy to come back with the truck just to tell me i have to bend over and buy another
I had recently looked into getting a set of Craftsman torque wrenches, what I found out is the life time warranty doesn't cover those.
Stick with SO for anything other than single cast peice items from Sears
Old 12-22-2009 | 10:25 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

If you use your tools everyday, Snap on-mac the way to go.

If it's just household tools for stupid little projects, craftsman of course.

I only trust snap on, all though I've broken quite a few ratchets haha but nothing Steve Hamilton hasn't had a problem replacing.
Old 12-22-2009 | 09:00 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
If you use your tools everyday, Snap on-mac the way to go.

If it's just household tools for stupid little projects, craftsman of course.

I only trust snap on, all though I've broken quite a few ratchets haha but nothing Steve Hamilton hasn't had a problem replacing.
This... All of this...

The only thing I buy from Mac is sockets...

I don't work in garages/dealerships anymore but I still carry a balance on my snapon acct... I deal hard in my driveway son!
Old 12-24-2009 | 08:30 AM
kashimiru
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
How in the fuck did you break an SO tq. wrench?
probably improper usage. it comes w/ a manual that clearly specifies what it can and cannot be used for but i doubt very many people take the time to read it.
Old 12-24-2009 | 05:02 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Are they halfway decent quality? I'd like to get a decent sized carry case type deal to put in my car...
I dont know how to test quality on shit. I dropped them in gravel a lot at pick n pull and they still look great.
Old 12-25-2009 | 03:16 PM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

i just got the black and decker version, hopefully its better than the craftsman one
Old 12-25-2009 | 03:19 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by ShawnD
I dont know how to test quality on shit. I dropped them in gravel a lot at pick n pull and they still look great.
Well like I said, I just want to get a decent sized tool set to keep in the car...
Old 12-29-2009 | 08:30 AM
ShadowStyle2DX
Brofecta

ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX

Originally Posted by Magic Wheels
Beware Guys... Craftsman Tools are made in China Now.
Was at my Sears today and they had the new dog bone wrench and was going to buy one except on the label "contents made in China" and also nothing is stamped, all either printed or laser etched! I hope that this is not a sign of things to come from Craftsman! My stance is not made in U.S.A, not going to buy! Looks like a Wal-Mart chinese hand tool.
So wait a minute... you were interested in the product and were about to buy it but now that you see the 'Made in China' label you're going to bash the same product and call it a 'wal-mart chinese hand tool'? Dude did you even read what you posted? If it works it works, same warranty and shit whats the problem?
Old 12-29-2009 | 08:54 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I don't work in the Shop, I'm actually a Service Writer (make more money FYI) but I do enough sidejobs/work on other peoples cars as well as build my own on the side that, I feel the need to spend the extra money for better quality instead of putting my hands and knuckles at risk. I have seriously fucked up my finger once, by a Craftsman socket cracking and slipping due it's thin and lesser quality.

Quick Reply: Craftsman Dog Bone Tool