Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

car accident question

Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: car accident question

Originally Posted by tby0090
so i was in a car accident this past Wednesday 7/21, it was a 3 car crash, i was the one that ran into the 2nd car who ran into the 3rd....
and one more thing, the person i hit, was a fbi agent, in her gov. car. so i hit a gov. car...
your insurance rates are going to fuck you so hard you're gonna sneeze shitballs.

and fuck you for hitting my co-worker.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:58 PM
tby0090
Registered Member

tby0090 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
your insurance rates are going to fuck you so hard you're gonna sneeze shitballs.

and fuck you for hitting my co-worker.

... and which one is your co-worker?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

This can't possibly............
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 PM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
This can't possibly............
YES.... it can.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by MissmyE30
accident reports are the officer's opinion. yes you were following too closely. just pay it (it's cheap like 30 + court costs) and go on with your life. damage estimate is officer's opinion as well. anything with estimated damage over $1500 is a reportable crash which means they have to do the crash report. less than 1500 is not reportable and usually is just an information exchange of insurance, vehicle, driver info. Unless there's any injury in which case it's reportable no matter how much damage is done. If it's a reportable crash, you can bet your ass somebody's getting a ticket. Now, having said that i have seen a totalled Mercedes (single vehicle no injury) written as a non reportable crash.

I got rear ended one time and not only was there 1500+ worth of damage and I also threw out my back . Rescue was called and the officer working the scene did not issue any ticket. And not only did he fuck up on that part but on the accident exchange slips he handed me back my own paper with my own info on it. I didn't realize what had happened till the next day so I called the police department and told the officer to call me back asap because of what happened. Thank god for the officer's sake he remembered the guys name. Someone had to pay for my car and for my injury's and my attorney said guess who would have paid if he hadn't remembered his name .....?..... it wasn't going to be me.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 AM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I liked NC's system. If was polite and cooperative when the officer arrived on the scene everybody, and the person who the officer would consider at fault accepted fault and had current insurance to cover it, no ticket would be issued. They're write up a report in case everything went bad, but no need to add insult to injury.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:03 AM
tby0090
Registered Member

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I liked NC's system. If was polite and cooperative when the officer arrived on the scene everybody, and the person who the officer would consider at fault accepted fault and had current insurance to cover it, no ticket would be issued. They're write up a report in case everything went bad, but no need to add insult to injury.
that would be nice if it was like that here.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:04 AM
tby0090
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I got rear ended one time and not only was there 1500+ worth of damage and I also threw out my back . Rescue was called and the officer working the scene did not issue any ticket. And not only did he fuck up on that part but on the accident exchange slips he handed me back my own paper with my own info on it. I didn't realize what had happened till the next day so I called the police department and told the officer to call me back asap because of what happened. Thank god for the officer's sake he remembered the guys name. Someone had to pay for my car and for my injury's and my attorney said guess who would have paid if he hadn't remembered his name .....?..... it wasn't going to be me.
so if he wasn't ticketed for hitting you, what did the officer say, why wasn't he at fault?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tby0090
... and which one is your co-worker?

oh man you are so fucked right now its not even funny....

last thing you ver want to do is even eye one of the alphabet boys down, cause they will have you commit hari kari by the end of the year.

Quick Reply: car accident question