Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Rear Turbo Red Z28

Old 08-03-2005, 03:30 PM
RameyBuilt
VAdriven Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt
Default Re: Rear Turbo Red Z28

Yah, I don't know why I couldn't know his name. The people I know told me to call him "stupid fuck". Now I know his name.

I never got to race him...

(This is supra8215)
Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 PM
rollinna65
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by civicboy88
Yah, I don't know why I couldn't know his name. The people I know told me to call him "stupid fuck". Now I know his name.

I never got to race him...

(This is supra8215)
What do you have done to your supra?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I own a civic. I used to own a older supra. With gears, headwork, intake and exhaust.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Whistler
Patron

Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler

Originally Posted by rollinna65
He runs around with me and my buddies sometimes and he's also on my ship. I've got a real bad memory but I'm pretty sure his name is Justin. He finally got the thing retuned so its putting down some decent numbers now (I think around 400rwhp with injectors maxed out). He had it tuned by DTP at first but they totally fucked it up and the car ran like shit. I raced him once on the highway coming back from Newport News and just walked away. Now that its running right I'd like to see the outcome.
I have a rear turbo on my bird. Adding the boost back this weekend. Ill be back down to hampton in 2 weeks. Ill either be running MIR or Crapitol next weekend. (Have to work in DC next weekend). Alot of people give the STS kits shit, but its all in the build. I have a low compression (8.7)408 on it thats pumping out 400+ NA. So the boost should help some. Does the red z-28 have FMIC and meth? Just curious what kit he got was it the 60 or 67. If your bud is interested. Ive moved up to a 76 and my GT67 turbo is for sale cheap. Tell your bud to send me a PM if he wants the bigger turbo for his Z.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 AM
rollinna65
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Whistler
I have a rear turbo on my bird. Adding the boost back this weekend. Ill be back down to hampton in 2 weeks. Ill either be running MIR or Crapitol next weekend. (Have to work in DC next weekend). Alot of people give the STS kits shit, but its all in the build. I have a low compression (8.7)408 on it thats pumping out 400+ NA. So the boost should help some. Does the red z-28 have FMIC and meth? Just curious what kit he got was it the 60 or 67. If your bud is interested. Ive moved up to a 76 and my GT67 turbo is for sale cheap. Tell your bud to send me a PM if he wants the bigger turbo for his Z.
Yeah a lot of people do give the STS a lot of shit talking about turbo lag and it being too low but it looks like a quality kit to me. Not to mention it sounds badass. That sounds like a pretty sick motor you've got there and I can't even imagine what its going to do with some boost. The red z does have FMIC and meth and just recently got a retune. I'll try and get ahold of him and let him know about that turbo you're selling. BTW, do you know of any good tranny shops in the area? My t56 needs a rebuild and I figure with a turbo 408 you probably know a good tranny guy.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Whistler
Patron

Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler

Yeah a lot of people do give the STS a lot of shit talking about turbo lag and it being too low but it looks like a quality kit to me. Not to mention it sounds badass. That sounds like a pretty sick motor you've got there and I can't even imagine what its going to do with some boost. The red z does have FMIC and meth and just recently got a retune. I'll try and get ahold of him and let him know about that turbo you're selling. BTW, do you know of any good tranny shops in the area? My t56 needs a rebuild and I figure with a turbo 408 you probably know a good tranny guy.
Cottmans is who I'd take it too. tho my tranny is a auto and was built by Rossler. I have Stage 5 4l60E with a 3500 stall. Your bud sounds like he might already have a 67 if he has the intercooler and Methanol. Is he using the boost controller that came with the kit? I am using the E-boost controller. Like the ability to change boost in different shift points. Its nice to come out of the hole in low boost and setting the rest of the shift points for high. Also is he running a 12 bolt? Curious has he had problems with his turbo leaking oil? I am currently tracking this problem. Thought it was the check valve, but alas it was not. Has he found any problems as I am just curious. Initially on bone stock car it ran perfect. Just with a whole new build. Ive been sorting out the little problems here and there.

Last edited by Whistler; 08-04-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:03 AM
rollinna65
Registered Member

Cottmans is who I'd take it too. tho my tranny is a auto and was built by Rossler. I have Stage 5 4l60E with a 3500 stall. Your bud sounds like he might already have a 67 if he has the intercooler and Methanol. Is he using the boost controller that came with the kit? I am using the E-boost controller. Like the ability to change boost in different shift points. Its nice to come out of the hole in low boost and setting the rest of the shift points for high. Also is he running a 12 bolt? Curious has he had problems with his turbo leaking oil? I am currently tracking this problem. Thought it was the check valve, but alas it was not. Has he found any problems as I am just curious. Initially on bone stock car it ran perfect. Just with a whole new build. Ive been sorting out the little problems here and there.
I think most of his problems were from his shitty DTP tune. The car really ran like crap. In first gear it couldn't get out of its own way and then it would hit 2nd and start pulling nicely. He ran a 14.0@110 with the bad tune so that kind of tells you something. I never heard him mention anything about the turbo leaking oil. I'm pretty sure he's still got the 10 bolt under there but he's also auto so he should be good unless he gets a stall and some sticky tires. Do you have any times for your car? Let me know when you're in town, maybe my friends and I could come check out a real car.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Whistler
Patron

I think most of his problems were from his shitty DTP tune. The car really ran like crap. In first gear it couldn't get out of its own way and then it would hit 2nd and start pulling nicely. He ran a 14.0@110 with the bad tune so that kind of tells you something. I never heard him mention anything about the turbo leaking oil. I'm pretty sure he's still got the 10 bolt under there but he's also auto so he should be good unless he gets a stall and some sticky tires. Do you have any times for your car? Let me know when you're in town, maybe my friends and I could come check out a real car.
I am currently up in DC and hope to get to MIR or Capitol next weekend if everything is good. I was going to Dyno tomorrow with the boost, but have the oil leak in the turbo. But Ill give STS credit. They are over nighting me a new high volume one for free. Should be here today. I am going to try and get some more miles on it before dynoing with the boost. She idles great and sounds good. I am using a acceleronics injector driver with 75lbs. It also has a LSX intake with a 90mm TB. Ill be in hampton from the 19th thru the 21st. More than welcome to check it out. Send a PM if you want number
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 AM
rollinna65
Registered Member

I am currently up in DC and hope to get to MIR or Capitol next weekend if everything is good. I was going to Dyno tomorrow with the boost, but have the oil leak in the turbo. But Ill give STS credit. They are over nighting me a new high volume one for free. Should be here today. I am going to try and get some more miles on it before dynoing with the boost. She idles great and sounds good. I am using a acceleronics injector driver with 75lbs. It also has a LSX intake with a 90mm TB. Ill be in hampton from the 19th thru the 21st. More than welcome to check it out. Send a PM if you want number
When I bought my car all it had done to it was a flowmaster catback (crap) and a K&N but it managed to put down 323rwhp/340rwtq. Since then I've put in everything listed in my sig and I'm finally getting it tuned by Jeff Creech down at CAM on the 8th. I'm hoping to break the oh so important 400rwhp mark but with the hot, humid days lately I'll be happy with anything close. I'll shoot you a pm about getting your number.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Whistler
Patron

Say hi to Jeff he is tuning my car also. Might even be that day. My car will be there at least. Cant miss it. Ask Jeff about it. He knows his shit about tuning FI GM cars. The milkman delivers

Quick Reply: Rear Turbo Red Z28