Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

F-150 how to

Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F-150 how to

im seriously interested. is it complete and in running condition? i dont need the harness or nothin but id need the manifolds.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Yea, it runs great. He took it out to put a stroker into the car. I'm pretty sure he has the manifolds, but if he doesn't I have a few sets laying around here.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 PM
reneponac
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough

I've got a set of stock fox headers too that I ran on the bird until I bought a set of JBA's. If you want em I'll bring em to SATS.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:22 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

how much for that thing
Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Nic
Patron

$275 complete from intake to oil pan
Old 11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

damn thats apretty good deal may hafta take ya up on that. that would be sick in the chevette. do you have any trannies layin around?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Nic
Patron

That's the only spare thing I don't have around here...well, besides the T5 that's going into the LX as soon as I get this other car out of the garage.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Alice_in_Chains
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jar
Ok, so I got this 86 F-150 with a 302 in it, fuel injected.

I want to make this thing run mid 13's on a tire. What do I need to do? I'm talking specifics, it's obvious I need heads, cam, gears, maybe some other stuff. Since I know absolutely nothing about these engines, and V8's in general, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I don't want to spend a ton of money on this thing, I'm hoping it can be something cheap/fun/halfway reliable.

I hate that show yesterday for making me want a V8 real bad, and since I figure I've already got this truck outside that runs real good, why not use it as a platform to try to race with.

edit: and I know this should probably be in technical or something like that - but I know there are tons of local guys that know LOTS about Fords.

Lose about 2,000 pounds and make a nose cone so it doesn't act like a brick while going down the road. Would be cheaper to start out with a car that doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs and has some vague sembilance of aerodynamics.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:32 AM
DLB1994
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Nic
What year was the block cast? And how much you want for it?

the block is a 86, offer me a price, but if u dude can get u one for 100-150bucks thats your best bet since the cam cost'ed that
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Nic
Patron

I'll end up pulling one at CAP. All I want is the block. No need for the rotating assembly or anything.

Quick Reply: F-150 how to