Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 Turbo or N/a

Old 01-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: B16 Turbo or N/a

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
What is your opinion on Thermal Research?
I don't have any personal experience, or from any friends. Honestly, I don't have any clue what the brand is.. or maybe it's a brain fart.

I met a guy with a Crx, it was black when I was selling some parts. Had a B20 build in it, with a flowmaster catback. Had a nice looking tip on it, sorta like a S2000 tip. Sounded very good, and was very mean sounding when vtec crossed over. He said it was a premade catback from flowmaster.
I had a flowmaster on my coupey, and it sounded like poopy.., but it was a crush bent and non resonated, baffled flowmaster. Here is me playing with KyleVa on here.. Had 2.5inch piping on a b16a. Sounded like absolute crap untill I got a resonator on it, then it sounded decent, but it got the job done.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I don't have any personal experience, or from any friends. Honestly, I don't have any clue what the brand is.. or maybe it's a brain fart.

I met a guy with a Crx, it was black when I was selling some parts. Had a B20 build in it, with a flowmaster catback. Had a nice looking tip on it, sorta like a S2000 tip. Sounded very good, and was very mean sounding when vtec crossed over. He said it was a premade catback from flowmaster.
I had a flowmaster on my coupey, and it sounded like poopy.., but it was a crush bent and non resonated, baffled flowmaster. Here is me playing with KyleVa on here.. Had 2.5inch piping on a b16a. Sounded like absolute crap untill I got a resonator on it, then it sounded decent, but it got the job done.

the video doesnt work for me

but i may just get pipe matching and a muffler...i want something that sounds rather deep
Old 01-23-2006, 04:50 PM
bigbodycrx
No more yellow

bigbodycrx has disabled reputation

i know a few ppl that had thermal exhaust, i think they sound damn good, i wanted one for my crx but a friend of mine on here ( JDMB16CRX) wouldnt come off it,
Old 01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
the video doesnt work for me

but i may just get pipe matching and a muffler...i want something that sounds rather deep
O, it works for me.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

O, it works for me.

the only putfile vid that worked for me was that black kid immitating a turbo civic....wackkkkkkk
Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbodycrx
i know a few ppl that had thermal exhaust, i think they sound damn good, i wanted one for my crx but a friend of mine on here ( JDMB16CRX) wouldnt come off it,

yeah true my friend alex has one on his 89 lude and it sounds really good...not raspy, really deep
Old 01-24-2006, 12:44 PM
88CRXHFBSTNG
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation

Yah, maybe LSD+Azenus+Lightest CRX+and a good driver.

I wonder how much less CRX's are from Cx hatches. Cx's weigh 2044lbs, from factory.
HF's are 1819, I ran 13.90 with IHE, gutted with shitty tires. before going turbo.
I then did a full MSD ignition and drag radials but never got any times. I think mid 13's is reasonable to expect with some Mods. you will need $2,000 to 3,000 before even thinking about turboing this set up. Unless you want to hack it all up. trust me its not a matter of buying a turbo and slapping it on. there is extensive modifications (ie: stock radiator gone, stock front cross member gone). if you want to do it right. Just do little things at a time like Headers one month and maybe then Cold Air Intake the next.

Last edited by 88CRXHFBSTNG; 01-24-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Originally Posted by 88CRXHFBSTNG
HF's are 1819, I ran 13.90 with IHE, gutted with shitty tires. before going turbo.
I then did a full MSD ignition and drag radials but never got any times. I think mid 13's is reasonable to expect with some Mods. you will need $2,000 to 3,000 before even thinking about turboing this set up. Unless you want to hack it all up. trust me its not a matter of buying a turbo and slapping it on. there is extensive modifications (ie: stock radiator gone, stock front cross member gone). if you want to do it right. Just do little things at a time like Headers one month and maybe then Cold Air Intake the next.

thanks for the info man
Old 01-24-2006, 12:58 PM
elambz
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Dude, get a job before you even think about modifying your car. You have no source of income. What happens when out of the blue something goes wrong with your car. You would be dumb to put one dime into you car that wasn't necessary if you don't have a job.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Originally Posted by JDM DC4
Dude, get a job before you even think about modifying your car. You have no source of income. What happens when out of the blue something goes wrong with your car. You would be dumb to put one dime into you car that wasn't necessary if you don't have a job.

Like i stated in my thread....I will have a job soon.....and this isn't a daily driver yet....it is a Project....ayyyy yiyiyiyi...

Quick Reply: B16 Turbo or N/a