Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

BrianT, Flodah, Wok and jjKamikazi

Old 02-27-2006, 11:43 AM
User 102020
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020
Default Re: BrianT, Flodah, Wok and jjKamikazi

lol @ 10.

Maybe I'll go?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
Ok...where to start.

First off...who is Flodah?

Second, no offense to anyone, but unless I've actually seen you drive, know that you arent an idiot, and honestly know how to handle your car I'm not going to go carve corners with you. I dont care what you drive. A good handling car with a bad driver is still a fuck up waiting to happen. And we all know that The Wok can't drive...and has a small penis. Just see his sig to verify. I only have a handful of people that I would ever trust to go driving in such a place and none of them are registered on DragVa. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Third, I've been on a drive through the mountains before with a few people I quasi-trust and some people I dont trust. And we all know what happens. One person does something stupid, someone has to one-up them by being a bigger idiot and finally someone goes home with a wreckless driving ticket and maybe a torn up car. All of this seconds after everyone said how careful they will be. Shit happens.

Fourth, I'm attending a "invite-only" NASA Autox on Sunday, so I'm busy.

Fifth, My Valentine One doesnt work too well on curvy mountain roads.

Sixth, My SE-R is out of commission as a street car from now on. As of VIR last week it's finally a dedicated track car. I'm not planning on running shaved RA-1's on a mountain road either, sorry.

Seventh, My Miata doesn't have a SCCA legal rollbar. Yes, I plan on possibly using it, thats the point.

Eighth, Same as Brian, I have no medical insurance for the moment. I risked a lot at VIR, but nothing happened. Not going to push my luck til I get something.

Ninth, At this point I'm just seeing how many points I can make on one topic.

Tenth, I dont want to hurt an Elise driver's feelings by leaving him for dead on a backroad in a 106rwhp Miata.

Eleventh, the next NASA event is at Summit Point's Shenedoah track. It's practically a backroad it's so tight and technical. Horsepower means veyr little at this track. Do all of yourselves a favor and sign up and get some actual track experience. www.nasaracing.net I'm already registered.

Twelth, I appreciate the invite, but I'm going to have to pass. I plan on getting my comp liscense and going racing wheel to wheel by July 2006, if I wreck a car, I want it to be at VIR.

Thirteenth, I'm done.
so are you going?
I actually am goin to the nasa autoX march 26th and I plan on going to a HPDE @ VIR shortly after. I was gona go to the mazda drivers thing but no spots left. bUT iM DEF GOING to VIR this year damnit
My only beef with these schools is if I crash...I owe 40k+ on a car that is a heep...my insurance doesnt cover that shit
Old 02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Tenth, I dont want to hurt an Elise driver's feelings by leaving him for dead on a backroad in a 106rwhp Miata.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 PM
sohc_mshue
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
ur more then welcome to ride along if ya like...how much do you weigh btw..lol
yea i may be able to come if I dont have any tuning or homework to do haha. Also i'm skinny as shit and weigh about 150lbs so weight is not a concern hehe
Old 02-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
yea i may be able to come if I dont have any tuning or homework to do haha. Also i'm skinny as shit and weigh about 150lbs so weight is not a concern hehe
Weight is always a concern in that car.
150lbs is huge in that thing.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Originally Posted by Brian T
Weight is always a concern in that car.
150lbs is huge in that thing.
it is I need to loose like 100lbs so I can weigh like 90lbs and then teh car will be fast
Old 02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

so are you going?
Totally. I'm thurrr.

I actually am goin to the nasa autoX march 26th and I plan on going to a HPDE @ VIR shortly after.
Awesome. I didnt make it on the Autox list for the 26th, but I'm going this Sunday for a test and tune at the new location. I may be able to convince Felton to let me in if I I have a lot of fun...either way I may be out there taking pics and working for fun.

My only beef with these schools is if I crash...I owe 40k+ on a car that is a heep...my insurance doesnt cover that shit
I dont know who your insurance is with, but it should be covered. HPDE = High Performance Driver's Education...NOT a racing school. A driver's education track day is to make you a better and safer driver and it SHOULD be covered under insurance. We had a 350z eat the guardrail twice and then head-on into a tire wall. He came into the next class session asking about insurance claims and the lead instructor said he has actually talked to a insurance company helping the "student" out in a claim. It can be done. Stop making excuses. Bring dat shit.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

it is I need to loose like 100lbs so I can weigh like 90lbs and then teh car will be fast
hahaha you would look so gross if you weighed 90 lbs. just let me drive the damn car and it will be fast
Old 02-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

INSURANCE: Actually, most companies are getting hip to the HPDE phenomenon. Most have language to the effect that "any driving scenario on a facility designed for racing" is not covered. So even if it's not timed and at a school it's no longer covered.

You can get special HPDE insurance.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R

Awesome. I didnt make it on the Autox list for the 26th, but I'm going this Sunday for a test and tune at the new location. I may be able to convince Felton to let me in if I I have a lot of fun...either way I may be out there taking pics and working for fun.

I dont know who your insurance is with, but it should be covered. HPDE = High Performance Driver's Education...NOT a racing school. A driver's education track day is to make you a better and safer driver and it SHOULD be covered under insurance. We had a 350z eat the guardrail twice and then head-on into a tire wall. He came into the next class session asking about insurance claims and the lead instructor said he has actually talked to a insurance company helping the "student" out in a claim. It can be done. Stop making excuses. Bring dat shit.
sweet!
My insurance is statefarm..my agent said it wouldnt me covered if it was on a race track even if it was a school?

Ohh hell no I aint makin excuses...Im goin...belive dat

Quick Reply: BrianT, Flodah, Wok and jjKamikazi