Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Another damn Ticket Thread: 93 in a 55

Old 05-11-2003, 07:39 PM
socket_
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
socket_ has disabled reputation

man... all i have to say is... good luck. hope you get the least ^_^
Old 05-11-2003, 08:03 PM
thelastmirage
Banned

thelastmirage is an unknown quantity at this point

dude I just went to court for a 86 in a 45, so mine was alittle worst than yours. Before court I took a driving improvement clinic for the third time, and got a friend to make a false speedo report for me. when I went to court the judge was an ass. the cop said I entered his radar going 54 and exited doing 86. In the end I got NO jail time, $410 worth of fines (plus $60 reinstatemnet fee later on), and i am without a license for 60 days ( got lucky on this one because the judge said 6 months but the clerk wrote down 60 days), got a restricted license for work. I doubt you will go to jail because your only 17. also what city is this in and do you have any previous tickets?
Old 05-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Tonka Toy
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I'm not even going to go into detail like I want to on some of the underhanded and ILLEGAL shit you people admit to doing on here. You are all a bunch of morons and deserve whatever punishment you get. As for doing 93 in a 55, just be glad you are under 18 because you would be getting jail time.

The radars that police officers use are NOT calibrated at every shift change. They use what is called a tuning fork that is tapped against something metal (like the side of the car) and placed in front of the radar. The vibrations that these forks put off is rated at 20, 45, and 60 mph (some may vary). Depending upon what department it is will determine how often the radars actually get calibrated. Having said that, you can ask for the radar to be calibrated and have your car calibrated but you will probably only see a drop of 1-5 mph.

My advice to you is get a good lawyer, plead for mercy from the judge, and kiss you license goodbye for awhile.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:43 AM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

i got a 70 in a 55 the other night trying to get home from work at 2am... anyone know what the finers for those are?? i'm not going to bother fighting it,,,this is my first ticket so i think i can handle this insurance increase...but..i'm kinda curious on the speedo calibration...where do you get that done?
Old 05-12-2003, 07:55 PM
stockkiagurl
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

usually for a ticket liek that, it is liek 20-30 in court costs and 3 bucks for every mile over u went...so it woudl be liek 45 + costs and that depedns on your city usually. i think in NN it is 30. im not sure where u can get it done at, but i was under the impression most garages can do it?? not sure thoguh....
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Capster78
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep dude, say goodbye to your licence for a long time. I am not clear on the jail laws. I dident know you wouldent get jail time if your under 18 with a reckless driving charge. Never heard of that. Id rather go to jail for a few weekends then have to do community service all summer. Get a REALLY!!!! good lawyer plead guilty.. say you were young, and made a youthfull error. Promise to learn from your mistake. Do everything you can before you have to go to court... take driving classes, voulunteer for the red cross (or somthing like that). I wouldent calibrate your spedo or ask that the cop have his gun calibrated. It will only piss the judge off and give him/her the impression that you are trying to get out of the charge.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:37 AM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by trip
Isnt anything over 90 bad bad bad to cops?

yup yup yup.....90 mph is known as "the killing speed"... i dont think cops can chase u if you're driving 100mph and over in tha state of virginia. but, doing it in a 55mph i think u could get charged with vehicular manslaughter.

my advise: hire a local johnny cochran
Old 05-13-2003, 05:44 AM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by onebadk1tty
i got a 70 in a 55 the other night trying to get home from work at 2am... anyone know what the finers for those are?? i'm not going to bother fighting it,,,this is my first ticket so i think i can handle this insurance increase...but..i'm kinda curious on the speedo calibration...where do you get that done?

if you know u were going the speed u were going, why get your speedo calibrated? and if you do decide to and they find out something is wrong with your speedometer, you are obligated to get it fixed or you cant drive it on the streets at all. the paper work for your calibration will go to the virginia state police so it will show that you got your calibration checked and if you had faulty equipment. you can go to lee's tires on azalea garden road if you decide to do that, but in the end you might pay more than just paying the ticket. since its your first it might be dismissed.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:11 AM
94MazdaMX-3
Young Grasshopper

94MazdaMX-3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't listen to half these people. I got a 91 in a 55 not to long ago and I didn't get fucked at all. They couldn't suspend my license because the trooper didn't bring a copy of my driving record, so basically all I had to do is pay a fat fine. Oh ya and getting your speedo calibrated is a complete waste of money cause all he's gonna do is look at it real quick and then put it down like it was nothing important. Expect to pay somewhere around $500 and if you do get jail time more then likely there going to suspend it.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:12 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally posted by LSPinoy
if you know u were going the speed u were going, why get your speedo calibrated? and if you do decide to and they find out something is wrong with your speedometer, you are obligated to get it fixed or you cant drive it on the streets at all. the paper work for your calibration will go to the virginia state police so it will show that you got your calibration checked and if you had faulty equipment. you can go to lee's tires on azalea garden road if you decide to do that, but in the end you might pay more than just paying the ticket. since its your first it might be dismissed.

haha..well its not exactly my first...i got a reckless driving b/c of an accident but that got dropped b/c of my lawyer and driving school...

I'm just too lazy to take off work to fight the ticket but if it is wrong i'd like it fixed..so i don't get this shit again >.<

Quick Reply: Another damn Ticket Thread: 93 in a 55