Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

QuickySRT I hate you....

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: QuickySRT I hate you....

The one Rich posted looks hot as shit (even in yellow..... just kidding Brian) with the speedster humps but looks shitty with the top up....
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

does anyone make a decent looking hardtop for the C6? They just don't look right with the soft top on.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:06 AM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Not many conv. look good with the top up anyway though.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Rich
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Yes I have. But it's not $30k for the body panels. If you get the Caravaggio SMC fenders vs. the GMC ones you'll spend like $2500ish on the fenders, quarters, front bumper and associated trim to make it the widebody.

There is a black vert that I've seen around here twice now w/ the body panels and wheels.

I know that young grasshoppa........Tom Byrne charges $30K to do the complete mod he did to that specific car (saw the e-mail reply to have another one made).... Seats, panels and alot of other pieces, parts and engine mods. I thought he did a nice job on a gay colored car

"This car started life as a stock 2005 C6 convertible. The body was totally taken apart in March. The nose, front fenders and rear quarters were replaced with parts from a 2006 C6 Z06. The rear quarters weren't an easy bolt-on. The coupe's quarters are different than the convertible's so they had to be modified to fit on this car. The holes on the front fenders were filled so there are no emblems on them (export cars have lights there). The alignment holes on the nose were also filled so the Corvette emblem isn't used at the scoop opening. An RK Sport hood is used to clear the polished Magnuson supercharger. Everything was painted off of the car and then it was assembled. This way there was no chance of over spray.

Z06 brakes replaced the stock C6 components. Chrome Z06 replica wheels reside in each corner. They use the stock Z06 size tires.

A polished Magnuson supercharger and Dynatech long tube headers provide some extra motivation. They bump the rear wheel horsepower to just under 500.

Vette Essentials helped make the interior stand out as much as the exterior of this car. The seats were sent to them so they could produce a set of custom black/yellow leather seat covers. The quality of the leather used is better than what comes in the Corvette. More along the line of Cadillac quality. They also produced a matching steering wheel, shift knob, shifter boot, brake lever, brake lever boot and center console lid. The plastic center console and "pods" on each side of the cluster were replaced with parts that were painted silver."

Last edited by Rich; 08-03-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by DoingOK
A polished Magnuson supercharger and Dynatech long tube headers provide some extra motivation. They bump the rear wheel horsepower to just under 500.
That doesn't sound like a big increase for a SC and long tube bolt-on. How much rwhp does a C6 put out?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

You can't run that much boost due to the compression....
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Rich
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
That doesn't sound like a big increase for a SC and long tube bolt-on. How much rwhp does a C6 put out?
400hp rated...........minus drivetrain losses= ~330ish???

compression= 10.9:1 for a non-Z06

Last edited by Rich; 08-03-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Most bone stock C6's make 350ish rwhp, but they have 10.9:1 compression so you can really only run 5-7lbs of boost. The magnusson is a roots blower and makes amazing torque and a very broad power curve, not super high peak power like and ATI kit at 540 or so.

Now with a forged bottom end w/ lower compression you open up the world... 700, 800, 900 rwhp.

The "speedster humps" are how all corvette convertibles are from the factory, that's not an add on.

Caravaggio does make a hard top shell for the C5 vert that looks like an FRC top... it looks like a Z06 (like mine). But most only do this when they want to run an HPDE in their car... otherwise why get a vert, just get a coupe.

There is one company out making a power hard top for the C5, but it's fugly very very fugly... and expensive.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

he drove by me once in that car, i was like ooooo ahhhh
Old 08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
quickysrt
Patron

quickysrt quickysrt quickysrt

your z sounded sweet brian.....yeah i need an exhaust for this thing!