Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240

Old 06-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaahhaha.....have fun trail braking.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:58 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by eng
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no since he hasn't asked about the parking brake cable yet
yeah i decided on not doing it just yet, I have the rear drum assembly for the 300ZX na, but I'll wait for the projectsilvia e brake conversion cable. and then I would really need the 300ZX MC.

btw brakeing is awesome now. =) to the 300ZX brake conversion. I you have a 240 I really suggest it. I can't wait my sway bar and Tein's got shipped out yesterday. yay!
Old 06-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by eng
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no since he hasn't asked about the parking brake cable yet
I assume that's the same problem I'm having trying to do a rear conversion on my Z using Porsche brakes. Hopefully I'll have it worked out soon though.
Originally posted by Ultraprince
btw brakeing is awesome now. =) to the 300ZX brake conversion. I you have a 240 I really suggest it. I can't wait my sway bar and Tein's got shipped out yesterday. yay!
Glad that worked out for you. I wasn't too impressed with my Skyline brake conversion. I'll probably end up selling em to Mark if he gets that 240. Then I'll splurge for the Endless 6 piston kit.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:05 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by Skywalker
Glad that worked out for you. I wasn't too impressed with my Skyline brake conversion. I'll probably end up selling em to Mark if he gets that 240. Then I'll splurge for the Endless 6 piston kit.
yeah I was under the assumption that the skyline and 300zx brakes were very similar. both 4 pot. the 6 pot would be nice, although, the 4 pot i got from you are awesome. after a few close calls with my stock brakes, i can say that the new ones are a good upgrade. when you get your rear brakes, i'm gonna cop yours, hopefully projectsilvia will have the e brake thing resolved...if not, i can use a 300zx ebrake...i have the drum set already.

btw that is a wierd system...I'm not sure if i would like it or not.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

yeah I was under the assumption that the skyline and 300zx brakes were very similar. both 4 pot. the 6 pot would be nice, although, the 4 pot i got from you are awesome. after a few close calls with my stock brakes, i can say that the new ones are a good upgrade.
The Skyline calipers are ALOT bigger, but the rotors are not much bigger, just x-drilled. 4 pot calipers are not the same. StopTech and Brembo are supposedly better, but for the money I'd get some AP or Endless 6pot ones.
Glad you like the brakes, they're not really efficient for the Z.

when you get your rear brakes, i'm gonna cop yours, hopefully projectsilvia will have the e brake thing resolved...if not, i can use a 300zx ebrake...i have the drum set already.

btw that is a wierd system...I'm not sure if i would like it or not.
Who said I was selling the rears? HAHAHA I'll let you get em.... Hopefully I'll have replacements soon, cuz my rotors are WARPED and I'm sure my pads have gone to hell. Only thing I;d be selling you is the calipers.

Can you tell me about the "weird system"? Never read up on that before.....
Old 06-10-2003, 07:28 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

He's probably talking about how on the Z32 the parking brake is actually separate from the actual brake.

It's like a little drum brake inside the disc brake. Works good to prevent disc warpage after hard breaking But also another thing to replace if you use your e-brake to control the rear
Old 06-10-2003, 07:57 AM
TODAEG6-R
2.0 in da works

TODAEG6-R is an unknown quantity at this point

it has to be the master cylinder...u need to upgrade
Old 06-10-2003, 08:09 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Originally posted by eng
He's probably talking about how on the Z32 the parking brake is actually separate from the actual brake.

It's like a little drum brake inside the disc brake. Works good to prevent disc warpage after hard breaking But also another thing to replace if you use your e-brake to control the rear
Roger that. The person working on my rear brake conversion is having trouble finding rotors that will work and allow the e-brake to remain functional. Hopefully 350Z rotors will work...or whatever he comes up with. It'd be cool to have those old school Porsche rotors w/ the triangular slots.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:49 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

Originally posted by TODAEG6-R
it has to be the master cylinder...u need to upgrade
i'm not having any problem anymore. If i do decide to upgrade, i am going with the automatic 240SX MC.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

i'm not having any problem anymore. If i do decide to upgrade, i am going with the automatic 240SX MC.
Why would the AT one be different? Just wondering again.....

Quick Reply: 300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240