Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

come git sum

Old 06-17-2003 | 10:36 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mstr22u
Psst. Low 11s is pretty fast.
I didn't say it wasn't

I guess every person on this board was expected to come into this thread and say "Dude, like OMFG, that's freakin way awesome, you are god, you own the world now, can I come over and Jizz on the first set of Nittos you ran a low 11 with, that's just so amazing, like no one else in the world has ever accomplished this before, you should write a book now"

I think not..................

Last edited by S13wannabe; 06-17-2003 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2003 | 10:43 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally posted by S13wannabe
I'm not really into dragracing anymore, so forget about trying to put my car down.
Then why are you posting on dragva.com?
Old 06-17-2003 | 10:58 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

Originally posted by Not Stock
Then why are you posting on dragva.com?
it's people that I know live in the same state as me, my bad man, I didn't realize that everyone who posted here was a big time drag racer and bows to everyone who has a faster car
Old 06-17-2003 | 12:07 PM
BlownPony
Stroked N Blown

BlownPony is an unknown quantity at this point

an '85 5.0 stang on juice is even less impressive to me, as it's widely known that the stock block of that particular year was capable of handling a 250 shot with no more mods added other than injectors to get the right mixture.
What?? I didn't know 85's had a different block. I was thinking all 5.0's had the same block? And why would he change injectors? 85's were carb.
Old 06-17-2003 | 12:08 PM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Owned?
Old 06-17-2003 | 12:16 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

an '85 5.0 stang on juice is even less impressive to me, as it's widely known that the stock block of that particular year was capable of handling a 250 shot with no more mods added other than injectors to get the right mixture.
I will retract my statements when you show me how a carbed car has fuel injectors. Until then you are not impressing me on your knowledge.
Old 06-17-2003 | 01:05 PM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by mstr22u

Got you a new sig Mo:
they make one of those for Honda? lol
Old 06-17-2003 | 01:08 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

well i USED to have my beans all together in this little jar here... till SOMEONE *ahem* laid them all out on the table...

bro, i don't expect you or anybody else to 'bow down' to my car. it's a former 4cyl coupe built LITERALLY from the ground up.

components:

88short block
custom lunatti flat tappet stick (somewher around .625ish lift)
edelbrock performer heads
edelbrock rpm airgap intake
aed 750cfm carb
1.7 rr
***STOCK BOTTOM END***
PA c4 w/ reverse manual valvebody, tbrake
8.8 rear w/ 4.10s
hooker lt headers
4200 stall PA converter
'slow'masters
diamond-plate rear seat delete option
3" cowl hood
and a NOS 125 (yea, it's an old kit... no jets required) kit

now since i can and DO run this car on pump gas all the time, i think it's safe to assume that it's a true 'street car'. and in this part of the state, an 11s street ride non-narrowed closed up gets you MUCH respect on any given straight stretch of road. YOU may not like/respect the methods used to go the route i have.... but it's my car, so the time and money i've put into it have paid off substantially.
Old 06-17-2003 | 03:02 PM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

Originally posted by fatboyee
well i USED to have my beans all together in this little jar here... till SOMEONE *ahem* laid them all out on the table...

bro, i don't expect you or anybody else to 'bow down' to my car. it's a former 4cyl coupe built LITERALLY from the ground up.

components:

88short block
custom lunatti flat tappet stick (somewher around .625ish lift)
edelbrock performer heads
edelbrock rpm airgap intake
aed 750cfm carb
1.7 rr
***STOCK BOTTOM END***
PA c4 w/ reverse manual valvebody, tbrake
8.8 rear w/ 4.10s
hooker lt headers
4200 stall PA converter
'slow'masters
diamond-plate rear seat delete option
3" cowl hood
and a NOS 125 (yea, it's an old kit... no jets required) kit

now since i can and DO run this car on pump gas all the time, i think it's safe to assume that it's a true 'street car'. and in this part of the state, an 11s street ride non-narrowed closed up gets you MUCH respect on any given straight stretch of road. YOU may not like/respect the methods used to go the route i have.... but it's my car, so the time and money i've put into it have paid off substantially.
that's cool man, props on the work........If I don't know what's done to a car by someone simply stating no more than an ET and making it obvious that it's on nitrous and no hints of any other work, I'm not gonna go all crazy about it, I think you knew where I was coming from, I never bashed your car.

as for my knowledge on stangs, I could care less about domestic vehicles at this point in time. I could have been mistaken about the 85 stang, all I know is a performance shop did a test a while back on a "85 maybe 86", it was the first year they used forged pistons I do know that and it was one of those 2, and I'm pretty sure there were advancements made to the block as well, maybe closed deck with Iron sleeves ? Anyhow, they threw on a nitrous system and kept changing out nozzles and whatnot, until they got something to fail, to see just how much the block and pistons could handle. All was well until about the 2nd dyno pull on a 250 shot. Ever since that was advertised about 7 or 8 years ago, that year seemed to be the more popular, but it's always been known that the late 80's to early 90's had better engines, or at least all the people I know that are knowledgeable about mustangs tell me so. A few of my friends are mustang crazy, I tend to roll my eyes at them, so yeah some of my facts will probably be a little confused when it comes to arguing about them. But then again, there doesn't seem to be ANYONE on this board that is a total guru when it comes to any particular type of vehicle. Anyhow, whatever, I'm done with this topic, next..............
Old 06-17-2003 | 03:08 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

well im not too sure about the iron sleeves in an 85 block.. never heard of that one (could exist, but no idea...)

and most guys want a late-model block for it's hydraulic roller cam capabilities. takes the 'headache' out of adjusting rockers (which takes all of about 20 min *ooooh*)

to each his own, but i jus figured i'd share my new best with the crew.

Quick Reply: come git sum