Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Summit Point Hyperfest 7/5

Old 07-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS!!!!! some people dont like the intercooler piping, "it'll look good once its grounded down" i heard that alot. but hey, its an opinion right? i LOVE it now. oh, go look in the feedback and discussion forum for car of the month for june.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

all my pics are from saturday. it wasnt ian in the volvo. i just posted that cause he's allways tryin to convince everyone about the greatness of volvos, and that guy was sick. he was one of the best out there.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:09 PM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked the intercooler piping....reminds me of the Japanese tuners when they do that to titanium piping.....also shows you've got skills, not just a bank account.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Volvorules

Volvorules is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Volvo

That was me in the Volvo, thanks for the compliments guys. I had a blast, that was my first drifting competition, and I'd love to do more.

The Barst, nice driving in the Red Evo, I saw you out there...I was watching my buddy in the silver WRX with the HIDs, he was behind you for a while...but then you were gone Nice driving!

Rob
1981 Volvo 242DL
1981 Volvo 262C B230FT/M46 Swap
Old 07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the fact that it's less crowded than say at a drag strip, and that only those that like road racing activities will show up

keeps out most of the ricers
Old 07-07-2003, 04:53 PM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

Default Re: Re: Volvo

Thanks, it was the most fun EVER! Your volvo is the shizzle, it sounded tough. What does your buddy have done to his wrx? I had trouble telling the difference between the two wrx's I was running with (both were silver with eyelids, exhaust, suspension, silver/gunmetal rims). They both looked like they had a lot of stuff done to them. Very nice cars! Where were you watching from?

Originally posted by Volvorules
That was me in the Volvo, thanks for the compliments guys. I had a blast, that was my first drifting competition, and I'd love to do more.

The Barst, nice driving in the Red Evo, I saw you out there...I was watching my buddy in the silver WRX with the HIDs, he was behind you for a while...but then you were gone Nice driving!

Rob
1981 Volvo 242DL
Old 07-07-2003, 04:56 PM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

Yes, no ricers! much cooler scene, only wish it was closer to home.

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
i like the fact that it's less crowded than say at a drag strip, and that only those that like road racing activities will show up

keeps out most of the ricers
Old 07-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Volvorules

Volvorules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WRXs

Yeah, my car does sound good, but it's way too loud to drive on the street, which I've been doing for a few months now. I have a 2nd magnaflow muffler and some 2.5" piping coming this week to quiet it down.

I've done most of the work to my buddy's WRX. He's got an upgraded turbo, turbo-back exhaust, DMS 40mm coilovers, Wilwood brakes, huge top-mount, etc. It's pretty freakin fast in a straight line, but I've never really driven it hard through some turns.

I was watching from the bleachers set up by turns 5-6-7-8. It was a great section to watch. That blue jetta VR6 was pushing like a mofo, but seemed to be pretty fast for being (mostly?) stock.

Rob
1981 Volvo 242DL
Old 07-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The Barst
Yes, no ricers! much cooler scene, only wish it was closer to home.
they were still there. burnouts and attempted drifting occured by the show car attendees and one drift competitor.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

did anybody see that black cavalier with the altezas? that man could drive.

Quick Reply: Summit Point Hyperfest 7/5