Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boosting b18a ASAP

Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 AM
turbodreemz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbodreemz has disabled reputation
Default Re: boosting b18a ASAP

ok i think im still gonna be getting most of those things due to reliability and maybe one day going for more boost.

also i was checking out in tank pumps and i saw 2, 255lph pumps and one is $15 more whats with that

http://www.fuelpumpstore.com/fuelpum...90-93-p-7.html
Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
If all you want is 240hp.. buy a decent turbo kit, 550cc injectors, headstuds and invest in a good tune. There is no reason to overbuild the motor if your not going to take advantage of the upgraded parts.
You're better off upgrading now. If you have a car like that, you'll quickly learn the same thing I did. 230 hp....feels good for a while. Starts to feel slow....so, 250 hp.....feels good for a while. Starts to feel slow again, so, 270 hp....feels good for a while..but now it seems slow.....so......I'm looking to get to 290 or 300.....
Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turbodreemz
ok i think im still gonna be getting most of those things due to reliability and maybe one day going for more boost.

also i was checking out in tank pumps and i saw 2, 255lph pumps and one is $15 more whats with that

http://www.fuelpumpstore.com/fuelpum...90-93-p-7.html
One is high pressure (70+ psi) one is not. The base model will have trouble supporting anything over 60 psi at the flow rate advertised. The HP model is not internally limited, and will push almost any pressure you want.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
You're better off upgrading now. If you have a car like that, you'll quickly learn the same thing I did. 230 hp....feels good for a while. Starts to feel slow....so, 250 hp.....feels good for a while. Starts to feel slow again, so, 270 hp....feels good for a while..but now it seems slow.....so......I'm looking to get to 290 or 300.....
You are correct. However it takes substantially more money and modifications to reliably make big power than it does to make 240/250. If the OP wants to build a car to make 300+ he needs to decide that now rather than later, otherwise he will waste a lot of money buying parts now that wont suit his goals later.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

You are correct. However it takes substantially more money and modifications to reliably make big power than it does to make 240/250. If the OP wants to build a car to make 300+ he needs to decide that now rather than later, otherwise he will waste a lot of money buying parts now that wont suit his goals later.
It's turbocharged. Build it strong as **** now, and don't worry about the fact it robs a few hp to gain the strength. Then, when you upgrade, you won't have a problem. That's all I'm saying.

Most shops will put in "overkill" for your stated goal. By at least 50%. This leaves plenty of extra strength for later upgrades, and allows them to stand behind it with a relatively safe margin.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
It's turbocharged. Build it strong as **** now, and don't worry about the fact it robs a few hp to gain the strength. Then, when you upgrade, you won't have a problem. That's all I'm saying.

Most shops will put in "overkill" for your stated goal. By at least 50%. This leaves plenty of extra strength for later upgrades, and allows them to stand behind it with a relatively safe margin.

Again.. it all has to do with his goals and budget. If he has the money than by all means replace every part you can. What I am saying is that if you are on a set budget it's better to spend the money on a nice turbo kit (read: not ebay junk) and tune than putting money into internal parts he would never fully benefit from.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Dude if all you want is 240whp.

Get some 440cc injectors or 550s if you want DSMs.
A fuel pump.

A turbo kit.

And go get tuned.

Seriously, this is the stupidest shit ever. Walbro 255 and RC 440s has made 340 before. 340, thats not a type-o. So 440s will be perfect for 240whp.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Dude if all you want is 240whp.

Get some 440cc injectors or 550s if you want DSMs.
A fuel pump.

A turbo kit.

And go get tuned.

Seriously, this is the stupidest shit ever. Walbro 255 and RC 440s has made 340 before. 340, thats not a type-o. So 440s will be perfect for 240whp.
Nobody said they won't supply that.
Nobody said the stocker won't hold that.
But, what HP level did you quit trying to get more at?

And, so you're aware: According to the RC site, You'd need 100 lbs of fuel pressure @ boost (edit: for reference: with the 440cc injectors mentioned above) to support 340 hp.....
Can it be done? YES! Is it a good idea???????

Not when there's very little difference in the price of a set of injectors that will provide enough fuel for the application at stock pressures.

I agree with Grease Monkey. He's best off making sure he has good parts, and those needed to tune it, before he spends the money elsewhere. But, for someone who stated he likes "spirited" driving, I can relate. And he'll get used to it, and then want more.....

So, at what point is it better to go ahead and get things right now, versus going and re-building it with the right stuff later?

Last edited by BAD4DR; 10-09-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

There is nothing wrong with over building it to enjoy it later. BELIEVE ME I know all about over building. What I am trying to convey is that there is more to it than just rods and pistons. If he thinks he will want to up the power than he needs to go ahead and address that now but not just with the internal parts. There is no point buying 440cc injectors only to replace them later with 1000cc same with the turbo. A nice turbo sized for his current goal probably would not serve him best at significantly higher power levels. Same with a clutch, etc etc.

If he thinks he will want more than he should just set out to build to that point now, Rather than spending the money twice.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

There is nothing wrong with over building it to enjoy it later. BELIEVE ME I know all about over building. What I am trying to convey is that there is more to it than just rods and pistons. If he thinks he will want to up the power than he needs to go ahead and address that now but not just with the internal parts. There is no point buying 440cc injectors only to replace them later with 1000cc same with the turbo. A nice turbo sized for his current goal probably would not serve him best at significantly higher power levels. Same with a clutch, etc etc.

If he thinks he will want more than he should just set out to build to that point now, Rather than spending the money twice.
But with a 50 trim, or 57 trim t3/t04E setup, at low boost, it will provide those levels, and at higher boosts, it can reach 350-450 hp. 620cc injectors are good from around 250-400 hp, assuming you have a proper way of regulating fuel pressure.

I agree, rods/pistons aren't all there is to it. Hence why, in my original post, I said, if he has the experience/knowledge/ability to do engine work, source out the work needed, and get the parts. Otherwise, give a professional a specific goal, specific information, and let them handle it. They'll tell you what you can pump it to with those parts, before you need to upgrade again.

But, anyways.

Quick Reply: boosting b18a ASAP