Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Which Turbo???

Old 08-29-2003, 06:28 PM
mpg9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

If thats the case, the T28 wont last at those boost pressures.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:43 AM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

www.thermal99.com has alot of good information on it about boosting your D series... check it out
Old 08-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mpg9999
If thats the case, the T28 wont last at those boost pressures.

why do you say that? its in the operational range of the turbo?
Old 08-30-2003, 08:56 PM
4BangerCivic
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

where could i find a list of the operational ranges of turbos?
Old 08-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

learn how to read and then find the compressor map for the turbo you are choosing.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:54 AM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

If you choose any of these turbo size for street uses, you'll be alright: TD04h, TD05h, TD05e, T3, T25, T28, T3T04e. Invest in a decent fuel management. Even an FMU is a "band-aid" way of tuning a turbo car. It will work but the boost transition sux. Sk8rmike and myself are both running the AFC "hack" with DSM 450cc injectors. It works like a champ. Be prepared to drop some cash man. I dont care what people say, you have to be ready to drop $$$, even with a custom set-up. Research research research.....patience patience patience....... it's a must! My site will help you out some to start with:www.thermal99 and www.homemadeturbo.com will have the answer to any of your custom turbo question....
Old 09-01-2003, 07:05 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by Greaser
learn how to read and then find the compressor map for the turbo you are choosing.
good advice for everyone. it's really not as hard as it seems, i swear.

edit - btw, i prefer the t3/t04e 50trim turbos. awesome effeciency band.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:09 AM
mpg9999

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Greaser
why do you say that? its in the operational range of the turbo?
Is it? I have always heard that the turbo wont last to long at that pressure. In fact, I have a friend who just replaced his T28 on his GTiR motor because he likes to boost to 17 psi alot. The turbo is also blowing pretty hot at that pressure.

-Mike
Old 09-01-2003, 08:17 AM
4BangerCivic
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

Thanks for all the help guys. i have like 4 months until i get thi thing in the car so there's no rush, plenty of time for research
Old 09-01-2003, 08:27 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

as long as the turbo is efficiently making the boost, if he's being oiled and cooled properly, it should run for 100k+ miles without a problem.

i'd look at the oiling/cooling systems before i startin' buyin' new turbos every time it blows up. it shouldn't have gone bad.. t28's can hold up to alot more than that.

Quick Reply: Which Turbo???