Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How can you get it legally OK'd to have a darker than legal tint on your car?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
dru
GUIBO!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru
Default Re: How can you get it legally OK'd to have a darker than legal tint on your car?

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
yes, but like I suggested, and have had for ever, if you do the rear at 5 % and the windshiled at 35% it helps make the sides look more like 20% which imo is the best look.

BTW why did everone after my post, post upthe wrong shit. I already explained it. I thought I was explicit enough, but I guess reading owns you all.
werd.. I need to change my front windows to a lighter shade.. probably the 35 with the 15 in the rear would look good.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL
Default Re: How can you get it legally OK'd to have a darker than legal tint on your car?

I think a stagger looks stupid, that why i say the sides all at 35, and the rear window at 5
Old 06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
catfSSh
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Originally Posted by dru
Very true. Another good idea is to go around 35 in the front and 15 in the rear to sort of mimic the limit of lighter(50) in the front and darker (35) in the back.

This is imo the best tint for va.

I miss my 11% very badly
Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
new_skul
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/med20.pdf
Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 PM
cvcdvr540
Registered Member

cvcdvr540 has disabled reputation

thats my downfall lol i ride around with 5% and florida tags that say im from dade smoking a J!

[QUOTE=jebsurf;5330038]Just go to dmv and ask for a tint waver form. The will give you one to take to your dr. and get him to fill it out. Tell him what you told us and he should do it w/o a problem. There are many many things that could cause your eyes to be sensitive to light. You dont have to have some kind of fucked up shit to get it. I know many many people that have done it w/o a problem. You will still get pulled by a cop but he just cant give you a ticket. So dont think that just because you have a dr. note that you can ride around with 5% smoking a j................well atleast here in the bible belt

fuck he got me
Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
.QUOTE]
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
LATeg13
Registered Member

LATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these partsLATeg13 is infamous around these parts

shit in california they dont give a fuck everybody tint all around limo status but to bad this virginia.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
TexasGlock23
Fuck my life

TexasGlock23 will become famous soon enoughTexasGlock23 will become famous soon enough

Wife got a ticket for tint with Texas plates, she was also denied the waiver after having Lasik.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
stinks
Banned

stinks will become famous soon enough

install synthetic cataract in to the eye and see doctor...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
SPAWN
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

i would much much rather just carry around or keep in my car an extra pair or so of sunglasses than have ANYTHING on my record saying im impaired in any way...that IMO could be far worse than any ticket....
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Vanilla Face
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

funny this got bumped. I think you would have a pretty piss poor argument now that you have a convertible.

Quick Reply: How can you get it legally OK'd to have a darker than legal tint on your car?