Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

mustang at the track

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
StarCityKid
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StarCityKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: mustang at the track

With a centri and the 87mph other v6's do run low 12's. The weight is 3400pds...if I can get it under 3200 and dead hook...it will run low 12's. I've got a 2800 stall on the way and going with some 4.10's by the fall.

I dont know why they went with the 1/8th mile either...they have plenty of room for a 1/4. They would do more business if they went 1/4....Fucking dan haga... pshh

Last edited by StarCityKid; 07-12-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
1slowpony
Registered Member

1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all

Nice run man. What mods do you have on your 6'er?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 PM
MVaughn
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

They were planning on running the fast cars and there wasn't enough safe room to slow down. The owner of the land at the big end wouldn't sell. That doesn't mean he won't in the future.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
K20_hisatch
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

You do understand that if you come out and dead hook as you say, your et will drop but so will your mph, it looks like some suspension would be the way to go if you think about it, you could launch at a higher rpm to make up for not having gears. Wheel hopping isn't the greatest for traction and if you throw a 4.10 under it wheel hopping the way you do on the nittos, your goin to break something on a slick. Any way my 12.9 run was with a 2.0 60 ft and 8.37 at 87 mph in the 8th I mean every car is different some have better top then others so it to hard to speculate what you would run in the 1/4. I'm also wondering isn't there a 6 cyl mustang forum you could talk to people about this or do they not give a rats ass either!

Last edited by K20_hisatch; 07-12-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:12 AM
sidewaysfox
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

should have got a v8.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
rader427
"insert cliche here"

rader427 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
You do understand that if you come out and dead hook as you say, your et will drop but so will your mph, it looks like some suspension would be the way to go if you think about it, you could launch at a higher rpm to make up for not having gears. Wheel hopping isn't the greatest for traction and if you throw a 4.10 under it wheel hopping the way you do on the nittos, your goin to break something on a slick. Any way my 12.9 run was with a 2.0 60 ft and 8.37 at 87 mph in the 8th I mean every car is different some have better top then others so it to hard to speculate what you would run in the 1/4. I'm also wondering isn't there a 6 cyl mustang forum you could talk to people about this or do they not give a rats ass either!
i've seen a bunch of cars break shit because of wheel hopping, a lot of times it is safer to run a slick rather than street radials, despite popular misconception. The gears should def help lower you're times, the mph may dip slightly though. what trans are you using? 4r70w? i'd go w a transbrake, manuel valvebody and M/Ts, ofcoarse that's a lot of money for v6 mustang, no offence lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
sidewaysfox
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rader427
, a lot of times it is safer to run a slick rather than street radials, despite popular misconception. l.
hows that?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
The guy I talked to drives a gn and also races bikes. nm if it were you...you would remember my v6 mustang..
I'm going to try and avoid the water box next go around and heat the hell out of these tires. Probablly going to go with a bigger tire next time also. I'm thinking of buying some m&h cheaters...my buddy can get me a set for around 200 dollars.
No, he has a GN but I think he's scared to drive it.

He should just sell it to me...
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
StarCityKid
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rader427
i've seen a bunch of cars break shit because of wheel hopping, a lot of times it is safer to run a slick rather than street radials, despite popular misconception. The gears should def help lower you're times, the mph may dip slightly though. what trans are you using? 4r70w? i'd go w a transbrake, manuel valvebody and M/Ts, ofcoarse that's a lot of money for v6 mustang, no offence lol.
Stall and gears are first...and no offence taken....just wondering though...would you say that is alot of money for a v6 if it were going on a gnx? Because the motors are almost the same.
4r70w with transgo manual vb and b&m hammer shifter...previous owner had it set up for auto x. I'd like to drop a lintech tbrake in it one day.

Last edited by StarCityKid; 07-13-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
rader427
"insert cliche here"

rader427 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
would you say that is alot of money for a v6 if it were going on a gnx?
haha, i never thought of it that way. Good point

Quick Reply: mustang at the track