Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run

Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run

Originally Posted by fishfood
ok folks, to get this off center i am suggesting the following:

meeting time and date:
10:00 am Saturday August 29, 2009

meeting location:

i-64 & zions crossroad exit, (#136) rt. 15, burger king/c-store/gas sattion on west (right) side of 15.

this location is east of the rides so either can be done at this point so post with your pick. at this point we have two for stony run. for those of you coming from south and west, we can select another rendezvous point once we know what trail we are doing.

this should put o us airing down at the trailhead by 11-12, and gettting off the trail 4-5 max. this will leave time to find and set up camp for those that are going to camp.

Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
kick rox
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Never been trail riding before... I've heard about shoe creek, but don't know much about it.. 3" Body/3" Suspension on 33" TSLs and a rear e-locker should be good, right?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by vangorder
Never been trail riding before... I've heard about shoe creek, but don't know much about it.. 3" Body/3" Suspension on 33" TSLs and a rear e-locker should be good, right?
I run Shoe Creek with my STOCK jeep cherocar a lot. You should have no problems with the trail itself. The obstacles are fun, there may be a few you could have to take your time with if you wanted to play!

So are you guys planning on running Shoe Creek after Big Levels/SR? If so I would like to meet up and join the convoy!

Last edited by OverEasy; 08-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by OverEasy
I run Shoe Creek with my STOCK jeep cherocar a lot. You should have no problems with the trail itself. The obstacles are fun, there may be a few you could have to take your time with if you wanted to play!

So are you guys planning on running Shoe Creek after Big Levels/SR? If so I would like to meet up and join the convoy!
If we do a two day trip with camping, we can do one on the first day, camp and have some fun, then do the other the second day. Take our time and really enjoy it.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
If we do a two day trip with camping, we can do one on the first day, camp and have some fun, then do the other the second day. Take our time and really enjoy it.
That's what its all about! I'm just thinking maybe you guys can meet up with me/a few of us *maybe 3 * and we can join on the second day of wheeling if you all decide to go that route!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:29 AM
unclemeat
Registered Member

unclemeat has disabled reputation

I am in, I will most likely be day tripping on Saturday.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 AM
customxrider757
Registered Member

customxrider757 is an unknown quantity at this point

would most of it be passable with 32 all-terrains with about 1/4 tread? and how deep are the water crossings? i've flooded two trannys and i'm not tryna do that again. not fun. definitely considering goin for the weekend though.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
fishfood
Registered Member

fishfood has disabled reputation

look back a couple of posts and you will see where unclemeat provided a link to some photos, and you can see the water depth from our last run. i would estimate that the water level to be mid hub and maybe a little more on a set of 33's. The ranger that you see in the picture is sporting 32 ish size all terrains and my explorer was sporting 31 x 10.50 at the time neither had a lift at the time. Your tire size will be fine for these two runs.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Damn I wish I had my jeep still
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

right now my plans are kind of up in the air... I know I know I started the thread. I expected my lift to ship sooner than it did, fucking week delay. I was going to install this weekend, but I won't get it to Monday. Depending upon when I can get it on will determine my next weekend. I may just have to come up Sunday if you guys do a camping trip. We shall see. Still want to go, just want to get my lift on as well. Want the jeep ready for Big Dogs in Sept.

Edit: Shawn, if my wife doesn't go you can ride shotgun with me if you want and I do make it.

Quick Reply: Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run