Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
awsmjdm
I R DICKBUTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm awsmjdm
Default Re: MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.

I can supply you with plenty of proteins
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 AM
DoriSha
Patriarch BigCock

DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha

Originally Posted by awsmjdm
I can supply you with plenty of proteins
i also, can provide much protein.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM
backtoarms
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

As tempting as that sounds, I'll have to pass.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I'm not a fighter nor do I know a lot about the sport, but I've been curious about this for a while. I see people talk about MMA training, etc, and they are people with minimal to no martial arts training to begin with. Now maybe I'm totally off on my interpretation of mixed martial arts, but I would think that for someone to be a true mixed martial arts fighter, they'd have to train in multiple martial arts disciplines and styles individually , extensively learning them as their own style, THEN, after learning the multiple styles, learn the "mixed" style of bringing the multiple types together into a single mixed style. So for someone to be trained specifically in MMA and that alone, without previous training, seems like a scam to me?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
MMAFighter
Registered Member

MMAFighter has disabled reputation

HighPSI TSi Guy, that is a good question. The early days of the UFCs (UFC 1-3) demonstrated the most effective martial arts by matching up high level fighters of different backgrounds. This was back in 1993. It was clearly demonstrated that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was the most effective martial arts back then and it is today. The top MMA fighters in the UFC today (Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Noguierra, Lyoto Machida, Matt Serra) are black belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. There are no hidden ingredients to becoming a successful MMA fighter. A strong knowledge in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the key to MMA. There are other martial arts required to make a fighter complete which in my opinion is boxing/kickboxing and wrestling but BJJ is the key.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Knuckles
Registered Member

Knuckles has disabled reputation

Perhaps someone would be willing to provide some insight on these questions for me...

Is Karate the same as Tae-Kwon-Do... Muay Thai the same as Kickboxing? Is there a difference between sport karate and traditional karate? Are there general principles, regardless of martial arts style, that must be learned in order to be an effective martial artist? Do MMA fighters practice the "pure" form of Thai Boxing or a modified version? Are Thai Boxing and Kickboxing the only striking styles that can be effective in MMA?

In terms of self defense, how feasable is it for a lady, child, or smaller man to utilize Muay Thai, karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, or Kickboxing styles of fighting against a much larger opponent?

Does the martial arts style make the fighter or does the Fighter make his/her style a Martial Art?

Last edited by Knuckles; 12-19-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:37 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Karate and Tae Kwan DO are definitely different. Tae Kwon Do is Korean if I remember correctly, and Karate is Japanese.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Samuels
Registered Member

Samuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Knuckles
Perhaps someone would be willing to provide some insight on these questions for me...

Is Karate the same as Tae-Kwon-Do... Muay Thai the same as Kickboxing? Is there a difference between sport karate and traditional karate? Are there general principles, regardless of martial arts style, that must be learned in order to be an effective martial artist? Do MMA fighters practice the "pure" form of Thai Boxing or a modified version? Are Thai Boxing and Kickboxing the only striking styles that can be effective in MMA?

In terms of self defense, how feasable is it for a lady, child, or smaller man to utilize Muay Thai, karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, or Kickboxing styles of fighting against a much larger opponent?

Does the martial arts style make the fighter or does the Fighter make his/her style a Martial Art?
Muay Thai in my opinion is the most effective standup technique. And yes they all have different principles.. Muay Thai is like kickboxing but then you add the muay thai clinch and vicious knees, leg kicks and elbows to the arsenal..

I think a really good wrestling background for a beginner is the most important thing to have in MMA. A good wrestler can control the fight by taking you down and can basically win by controlling the fight without inflicting much damage. A good wrestler also has really good hips and body control which is a headstart when starting BJJ..
Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 PM
96havt
Registered Member

96havt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Knuckles
Question: I have heard of a few MMA events in the area. Pandemonium, Barbarian and Battle FC. Which ones have the most skilled fighters? I am fairly new to the area and wanna check out some good technical fights that don't resemble a backyard or school yard brawl at a special ed school.

BTW: What's up with that instructor dude with the mirror sunglasses on your website Pilsung and the dude with the bigass fro on the pics you posted?
I have three guys fighting on this fight card. http://www.barbarianfightclub.com/2010fightcard.htm You can see for your self. One of my guys ( the one with the huge FRO ) is the main event fighting for the title.

P.S. about the guy in the sunglasses. It's us just having a bit of fun. And the guy with the fro is a very good fighter that is fighting on the above mentioned card.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM
96havt
Registered Member

96havt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MMAFighter
I am assuming the Pilsung guy is not a real MMA trainer and just a karate guy with no credentials. It looks like that Cave place closed down.
A nice comment. My MMA fighters are doing very well. We are a newer school but we are helping many people reach their goals.

I, Marc Grenier, do have No Holds Barred (NHB) experience. Talking about myself is not the point, I am a very good coach, and helping people learn MMA is what we are talking about.

Quick Reply: MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.