Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Motorcycle Oil

Old 11-09-2009 | 12:17 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Motorcycle Oil

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Oh, I know. It's just easier for me and my location to get auto oil because the nearest shop that I know of selling motorcycle oil is like 15 more miles away, and sometimes I'm lazy.
Some automotive parts shops like Pep Boys and Advance sell motorcycle oil and filters(i personally only run factory filters). I just go to my local bike shop cause I bullshit with the parts guys and I get a discount on parts being I bought my bike there. It is cheaper there than most other places that sell bike parts here in Richmond.
Old 11-09-2009 | 06:49 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vangorder
ROOOOYYYYYYYYYYYAALLLLLLL PURRRPLLEEEEEEEEEEEE

meh. it was only like a dollar more per quart; only reason I got it.
sucks it is to slick for bikes in my opinion and several others have seen it cause major problems in some bikes just ask Q (afwest punk)

Originally Posted by nismo300zr2
repsol syn in the green bottles is not that expensive. a little more than normal oil but its not up there. my bike(s) shift smoother when i use the Repsol
good shit reasonably priced

valvoline motorcycle oil is great it is cheap and widely available i ran it in my bike for years and with over 45k on my bike i had no problems and those 45k miles were very very hard miles
Old 11-10-2009 | 01:49 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scottyk6
I'm not really that knowledgeable about...anything really...lol, but I believe you're always supposed to use motorcycle specific oils because it lubricates more than normal motor oil. Motorcycle oil lubricates the engine, clutch, and transmission.
that's actually backwards. CAR oil is more slippery. Car oil CAN harm your clutch, but you'd have to use it for a long time to really notice it.

In any case, use motorcycle oil in your motorcycle.

I use Honda GN4 (the non-synth stuff) in all my bikes. always have, always will.
Old 11-10-2009 | 01:53 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by audiophile24
isnt rotella for diesel engines?
Diesel oil doesn't have the detergents that most car oils have. Good for bikes. Until recently, Rotella also was one of the few oils with Zinc in it, also good stuff (although bad for the environment, I assume)
Old 11-26-2009 | 05:33 AM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

A lot of guys at the track use th Rotella T due to its inexpensiveness.......... and it works! However, I personally use Motul Double Ester for the fact that it has a lubricant in it that stays in the head and on the cylinder walls to prevent dry start damage and when you rip on your bike it can cause damage if your motor isnt lubricanted properly. Its is like $18 a quart though, cant be too safe cause its cheaper than buying a new motor!
Old 11-26-2009 | 04:02 PM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

just checking the date on this thread to see if it was an old one or new one
continue...