Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Help me pick my next bike!!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Help me pick my next bike!!

Originally Posted by Audio
people always hating on honda cars..
I don't like Honda cars for the same reason I don't like GSX-R's... but Honda bikes are a different story.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:57 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I don't like Honda cars for the same reason I don't like GSX-R's... but Honda bikes are a different story.
Because they're reliable? Because they're everywhere? Because there's a large population that believes they are the end all be all?

Old 11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Audio
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Because they're reliable? Because they're everywhere? Because there's a large population that believes they are the end all be all?

+rep

I like honda cars, cause ive built one that beats most stock 600cc bikes. before I got the bike =[
Old 11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by Audio
+rep

I like honda cars, cause ive built one that beats most stock 600cc bikes. before I got smart.
Fixed.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr

Has nothing to do with reliability, but you hit the nail on the head elsewhere... It has to do with a desire to be outside of the box. To me, wanting to ride and drive something different goes back to the same root cause for everyone who tries to build these high horsepower economy cars that put a spanking on bigger and better things: victory for the little man. Does that make sense?

I certainly don't bash Honda's for what they are. They're great reliable cars, just like stock GSX-R's are. I hate just being another person in a crowd though, especially when the crowd consists of 99.9% dumbasses, and you're lumped into the same category.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Well riding in general puts you into the crowd that consists of 99.4% dumbasses. You know the ones who ride wheelies down 264, and haul ass 24/7.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

one of my customers just bought an 07 mv augusta brutale for 3500 freakin bucks.... where the hell was I at when that got put on the table?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Has nothing to do with reliability, but you hit the nail on the head elsewhere... It has to do with a desire to be outside of the box. To me, wanting to ride and drive something different goes back to the same root cause for everyone who tries to build these high horsepower economy cars that put a spanking on bigger and better things: victory for the little man. Does that make sense?

I certainly don't bash Honda's for what they are. They're great reliable cars, just like stock GSX-R's are. I hate just being another person in a crowd though, especially when the crowd consists of 99.9% dumbasses, and you're lumped into the same category.
I hear ya, that's why I've never sat on a GSX-R. Afraid I'll fall in love, and I already have the Honda bug...
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM
sir loin
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

i used to have that type of mentality when i first started riding.
but my decisions now are based more on my financial status.

my first bike was a R6 because i found a good deal on ebay.
5 years later i bought a gsxr600 because i found a good deal on the craigslist.
a couple of years later, i bought a 10r because i found a good deal on the craigslist.
now i am eying a R6 or 600rr to take to the road race track.

i might not be thinking outside the box, but at least i am thinking within reason and not being narrow minded. and i honestly dont care what other people ride except for the fact that they do ride and i hope the same can be said about other riders.

back on topic:
see if you can sit on a sv or ninja 650r before getting one. both bikes are very similar, so if you're on a budget then i suggest which ever one you can get cheaper.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Lars
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

Originally Posted by j4k3
Well riding in general puts you into the crowd that consists of 99.4% dumbasses. You know the ones who ride wheelies down 264, and haul ass 24/7.
+rep: very true

Quick Reply: Help me pick my next bike!!