Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1993 eg coupe Overheating issue

Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
mikejones002100
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikejones002100 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1993 eg coupe Overheating issue

there is really only so many ways the car can overheat... hoses,water pump,thermostat,head gasket,and really the head..who tuned the car if it detnates and doesnt run right it will cause overheating...double check again and if u did that already check a third time..lol GL on getting her fixed...if u fix it post what u did for future refferance..
Old 12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Crcale
Registered Member

Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale

im still checking everything alllll the time.. under normal conditions its fine..

will deff post when ever i fix it.. not tooo worried about fixing it right this secondd.. kinda unmotivated since i jusssttt pulled the head and replaced head gasket spending like 250 bucks on studs, gasket and resuface.. idk .. its hard to pinpoint.. everything is leading to head lift but i am really thinking if it was head lift id be loosing coolant but i mean who knows... all i can think is that i re tq the heads and get a bigger radiator and hope it fixess it...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're lifting the head and purging pressure into the cooling system, you probably won't lose any coolant. As long as the cylinder pressure is higher than the coolant system pressure (which isn't hard) then you could just be displacing some coolant into the overflow tank. But, there are other possible explanations too...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Crcale
Registered Member

Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale Crcale

I really appriciate your help "fabrik8" .... if i had unlimited moneyysss id prolly pull the head again. buttt it think ima wait let it sit over the winter and mess with it again after the weather warms up.. prolly work on my interior cus my seats are ordered i just gotta put them in.. its not my dd anymore because I cant risk breaking something then being out of luck for a car....
Thanks for all your help guyss...
Old 12-18-2009, 02:53 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Crcale
I really appriciate your help "fabrik8" .... if i had unlimited moneyysss id prolly pull the head again. buttt it think ima wait let it sit over the winter and mess with it again after the weather warms up.. prolly work on my interior cus my seats are ordered i just gotta put them in.. its not my dd anymore because I cant risk breaking something then being out of luck for a car....

will deff post when ever i fix it.. not tooo worried about fixing it right this secondd.. kinda unmotivated since i jusssttt pulled the head and replaced head gasket spending like 250 bucks on studs, gasket and resuface.. idk .. its hard to pinpoint.. everything is leading to head lift but i am really thinking if it was head lift id be loosing coolant but i mean who knows... all i can think is that i re tq the heads and get a bigger radiator and hope it fixess it...
Yesterday 05:00 PM

Thanks for all your help guyss...
Did you read my above post?Two inexpensive,easy things to try that will give definite results.
Assuming your radiator is in decent shape,it shouldn't have any problems dealing with short bursts of full throttle.
Chris
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Did you read my above post?Two inexpensive,easy things to try that will give definite results.
Assuming your radiator is in decent shape,it shouldn't have any problems dealing with short bursts of full throttle.
Chris
he tried my raditator cap and it did the same thing, and his raditator is brand new....
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
UberJag
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

sounds like your head lifting.. This is a common issues I am finding out on d series turbo setups. I once installed ARP head studs wrong. I used the lube on the bottom end which gave me inaccurate torque measurements.