Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

subaru questions

Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM
slowz06
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowz06 has disabled reputation
Default Re: subaru questions

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
I said any CAR??? not necessarily Subaru's ..... Also that it was my personal opinion, not saying you can't run them and be ok with bolt on's, but I would not do so without some type of engine management.
Yes you would. Don't fucking lie.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VIR EURORALLY
As I stated earlier, the K&N Typhoon and the AEM intakes are the only 2 on the market that will not skew the MAF readings on a WRX/STi with the stock ecu flash. Now if this intake you have seen was an Injen,Spt, or any other brand, it would create a lean condition in the upper RPM's on boost.

The issue of overboosting on the STi is not created by installing a downpipe. The issues is created by a internal wastegate that a touch too small and during spool up, the wastegate cannot dump the air fast enough. The downpipe (in most cases divided or bellmouthed, whereas the stock downpipe is blocked off) when installed contributes to this condition because the backpressure is now significantly less.
True, but with the stock downpipe they don't seem to have the boost creep issue. At least, they didn't back when I was messing with them. Granted, that's been a few years. I pretty much dropped out of the Subaru scene when I sold my WRX.

The Perrin intake plays nicely with the MAF sensor as well. That's what I had on my car. But mine was the short intake, not the long tube model.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slowz06
Yes you would. Don't fucking lie.
LOL definitely not lying. If my civic didn't have a D-series I didn't care about it would have S300.....
Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
D1g1talV3n0m
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cosmo
True, but with the stock downpipe they don't seem to have the boost creep issue. At least, they didn't back when I was messing with them. Granted, that's been a few years. I pretty much dropped out of the Subaru scene when I sold my WRX.

The Perrin intake plays nicely with the MAF sensor as well. That's what I had on my car. But mine was the short intake, not the long tube model.
The only WRX gayer then yours was Joey's.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
slowz06
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

If my civic didn't have a D-series I didn't care about it would have S300.....
I seriously doubt that.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

I seriously doubt that.
Really, every thing I own has some way to tune it.... RSX has K-pro, Bike has a power commander, the only thing I own thats not tune able is my stock hatch with I/H/E.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 PM
VIR EURORALLY
Registered Member

VIR EURORALLY has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo

The issue with the downpipe is most U.S. manufacturers use 3" as a typical TBE, or course APS has their 3.5". Countries such as japan and the UK still use some 2.5" variants such as Prodrive which would not have reduced the backpressure enough to have affected it that greatly. The '06-'07 STi uses a VF43 which is the same turbo as the VF39 the difference being the wategate is ported slightly larger. The use of this turbo on the USDM STi's 2.5L compared to the JDM/EDM 2.0L would also account for some of the problems of pushing the air through the turbo faster than it can discharge it to maintain boost. The downside is for those turbos is the powerband fell off a 5.5k rpm's
Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
slowz06
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

Really, every thing I own has some way to tune it.... RSX has K-pro, Bike has a power commander, the only thing I own thats not tune able is my stock hatch with I/H/E.
I call bullshit. No one is going to judge you if you just tell the truth about your car. Also, you don't even own a motorcycle...
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

I call bullshit. No one is going to judge you if you just tell the truth about your car. Also, you don't even own a motorcycle...
Really guy, there is quite a few people on here that know me, and know I don't bull shit.

edit: also, I could really give a shit less, if you believe me or not.....

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 12-14-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
The only WRX gayer then yours was Joey's.
This is true.

Quick Reply: subaru questions