Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM
bumada
ermahgerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Originally Posted by marlinspike
In a decent car, neither of these things would be common. In fact, the shaking would lead me to suspect the car has a very serious safety-related defect.
Yea probably. If you want to inspect my car, be my guest.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:19 PM
BlackEX
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

If you got that ticket in New Kent county you are most likely fucked sir. My mother in law works for the courts there and has told me many tales of people getting $1k+ in fines, loss of license, and a couple days in jail for reckless driving offenses. That po-dunk county has experienced a huge population increase in the last 10 years and they're feeling the economic pinch of having to build bigger schools, widen/improve roadways etc.

I'll put it to you like this. My mother in law has worked for the county for over 20 years now. Interstate 64 has always run through that county and up until about 5 years ago they only held traffic court once a week and she said they were usually done with all the cases well before the work day ended. They now hold traffic court twice a week and it's not unusual for her to have to work overtime on those days and even then some cases are postponed because it's getting so late in the day. (I'm not talking 3-4pm, I'm talking 6pm and all the cases haven't been heard.) She said it is also common for people to get threatened with arrest or even arrested again after their case is heard when they completely flip out over their sentencing/fines. All this goes on in the tiny little court house of a po-dunk area that only has about 4 stoplights in the entire county.

But don't get scared, things may work out well for you.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Hey, at least he spelled "reckless" right.

I'm going to give him bonus points for that.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

bumada I have gone three digits in my camry with no shaking or burnt oil, but once I came to a curve on the long road I found out that suspension was as shitty as I thought it was lol
Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
bumada
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
bumada I have gone three digits in my camry with no shaking or burnt oil, but once I came to a curve on the long road I found out that suspension was as shitty as I thought it was lol
All of the econo cars i've taken up to higher speeds have shake in the wheel. As for the oil, I need new piston rings.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Why does Podunk have a hyphen? Po- ...dunk? Is that like Hamp-ton? Or Nor-folk?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-25-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:47 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

lol
Old 07-25-2010, 08:03 PM
BlackEX
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why does Podunk have a hyphen? Po- ...dunk? Is that like Hamp-ton? Or Nor-folk?
Because I'm a spelling nazi. If I leave out the hyphen the red squiggly line shows up underneath it, and I can't have that. Let's leave my OCD out of this.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Atlantis
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

This should generate conversation

Speeding fines and all this mess <
Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 AM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you were going 30 over in a 65, and tried to use the excuse that you were tired and distracted? Sweet.
Seems logical...

Originally Posted by IllestVa
Im suprised he didnt take my license. I hope he dosent show up in court.

yea tried that excuse. But 95mph dosent feel fast at all when the highway is clear. Pretty much a safe driver, just like to have a lil fun here and there.
I wouldn't rely on that as your "defense". Here's a little tid bit of information, Troopers are generally given one date a month for each jurisdiction in their duty post. In some of the busier jurisdictions ( Va beach, all of NOVA) they have two dates a month. All of their cases are set on those dates...so your summons is one of many on that day, If the Trooper misses that date, he not only misses your summons but every summons he's written for at minimum the past thirty days. The chances of that are slim to none. In 11 years I missed 0 court dates.

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
I'd say just be thankful he didn't throw your ass in the slammer that morning. You can forget about him not showing up, it's near the end of the month and you're probably a big reason why he's going to meet his quota. If you had fessed up to him instead of trying to weasel out of it some of them will let you go on a warning, (happened to me 4 times; twice with state and twice with county) never heard of this happening with a reckless case though. You'll get through it, you might get a miracle but don't hold your breath. Show up to court and don't make any bs excuses, or any real excuses, just show remorse and hope you don't get buttpounded by the long dick of the law.

You think a 95mph summons was written to meet a quota (even though there are no quotas for Troopers) at the end of the month? Do you think it wouldn't have been written at the beginning of the month?

I'm trying to think of an excuse that would get a warning for 95mph, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Quick Reply: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice