Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16

Old 10-21-2010 | 03:55 AM
t24todd
iHRTboost

t24todd has disabled reputation
Default Re: Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16

love to take the fc out, things always comes up and rent is always around the corner. Vir is a little slice of heaven every time so i dont mind putting out the money. Still have to retap the oil pan for the return line. keeping my hopes up if i finalize some things. reg is full correct?
Old 10-21-2010 | 06:10 AM
getfast
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Originally Posted by t24todd
reg is full correct?
Reg is not full, entries are available at https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php?...hw_attendees=1
Old 10-25-2010 | 05:28 PM
justin3

justin3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Motorcycle helmets aren't safe for automotive use just some fyi some groups allow them, but if it were my neck on the line I wouldn't risk it.
Old 10-25-2010 | 05:35 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by justin3
Motorcycle helmets aren't safe for automotive use just some fyi some groups allow them, but if it were my neck on the line I wouldn't risk it.
THANKS FOR THE VALUABLE INCITE BRO.
Old 10-26-2010 | 03:39 AM
quick26
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

but do you know why in some situations they are not safe? in the grand scheme of things, you could argue that a caged car is not safe on the track either.
Old 10-26-2010 | 04:26 AM
Cmqqn85
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

Wish i could join yall, esp with TD since its proposed to be so layed back. Have fun though
Old 10-26-2010 | 07:02 PM
justin3

justin3 is an unknown quantity at this point

to be exact a i've been racing doing track events much longer than most on this little website you guys have so the little attitude comments like little tarzan are unwarranted and unappreciated. The guy a few posts back was talking about using a Motorcycle helmet for this event and maybe others who knows what his intentions were. The fact is a motorcycle helmet can up your chances of a BSF, or whiplash due to the fact that a lot of you probably don't use a HANS device and motorcycle helmets are heavier as they are intended to protect the rider from contact with the ground at high speed...not the case in a car. So to answer the questions below yes I do know the reason why. To say that a properly caged car with PROPER safety equipment in place in car and on driver is actually pretty absurd. Now say driving a car with no cage and a bucket seat and a 5 or 6 points harness, that would be extremely unsafe on the street and on track...but hey just my opinion apparently as so many on this website know so much more. Have a good night gents
Originally Posted by quick26
but do you know why in some situations they are not safe? in the grand scheme of things, you could argue that a caged car is not safe on the track either.
Old 10-26-2010 | 07:17 PM
getfast
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Driving cars at speed is inherently unsafe. But this is High Performance Driving Education we're talking about, not racing. It's much more controlled thanks to instructors and passing rules/passing zones and various safety rules, which creates a generally lower-speed/less-risky environment. Some people choose to do that in street cars with motorcycle helmets, which is allowed. Personally I don't go on track without way more safety gear than the minimum, just like I wouldn't ride a motorcycle to 7-11 four blocks away without full gear either, but to each his own, we all make choices in life
Old 10-26-2010 | 10:47 PM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

to be exact a i've been racing doing track events much longer than most on this little website you guys have so the little attitude comments like little tarzan are unwarranted and unappreciated. The guy a few posts back was talking about using a Motorcycle helmet for this event and maybe others who knows what his intentions were. The fact is a motorcycle helmet can up your chances of a BSF, or whiplash due to the fact that a lot of you probably don't use a HANS device and motorcycle helmets are heavier as they are intended to protect the rider from contact with the ground at high speed...not the case in a car. So to answer the questions below yes I do know the reason why. To say that a properly caged car with PROPER safety equipment in place in car and on driver is actually pretty absurd. Now say driving a car with no cage and a bucket seat and a 5 or 6 points harness, that would be extremely unsafe on the street and on track...but hey just my opinion apparently as so many on this website know so much more. Have a good night gents

I dont think either of yall relize who each other are. Justin3 is Chad Slaggs and Michael Harris's buddy - 12 foot tall - just put a cage in his supra. Used to race a honda with them ... now has a white supra (why hasnt it been on track yet btw?)

Tarzan is one of the guys that makes up our group at the track, red Sentra SER.
Old 10-27-2010 | 02:58 AM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
I dont think either of yall relize who each other are. Justin3 is Chad Slaggs and Michael Harris's buddy - 12 foot tall - just put a cage in his supra. Used to race a honda with them ... now has a white supra (why hasnt it been on track yet btw?)

Tarzan is one of the guys that makes up our group at the track, red Sentra SER.

lol i just figured he was some new guy trying to sound smart. My apologies justin3.

Quick Reply: Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16