Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Project Truck build thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Slooby
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default Re: Project Truck build thread

Originally Posted by nftuatn
this will be the cheapest you will ever find this bed...if you want it your best bet is to go get it asap...like tomorrow...ive paid 2000 in the past for this bed...and thats what they run at junkyards when you find one...

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2134224109.html
No not that new of a bed, more like a early to mid 80's style where the tank is on the opposite side like on my 86 gmc swb I gave my dad for Christmas. I know where I can get a whole swb truck for basically free just got to go back to GA to get it.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

look up these trucks with that bed...they look badass..
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Slooby
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by nftuatn
look up these trucks with that bed...they look badass..
I've seen it done, they look alright I just like the bodylines of these bodystyle fleetside trucks. If I want a stepside I'd pull one off of a truck like this or get an older bed off of a mid to late 50's or early 60's.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

sweet. i love old chevy trucks. here is a pic of my buddies old c10 for some inspiration though its different than what you're going for.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Iroc-Boost
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Me likey. LMK if you need any help in the LS department.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
buugiewuugie
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

I always have a hard time finding these trucks on craigslist. I dont know what to type in. Chevy truck, C10, pickup, but you get all different body styles and hundreds of results. I remember when they were all over. Now it seems like no one is selling them anymore.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:50 AM
buugiewuugie
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Topik
sweet. i love old chevy trucks. here is a pic of my buddies old c10 for some inspiration though its different than what you're going for.

That's pretty. There is a guy that rides around Portsmouth in an old 70's Ford Ranger. It's blue and lifted, and very nicely restored. Old trucks stick out when they are done right.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Slooby
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by Topik

It's nice just not one of my favorite bodystyles, something about the 67-72 style trucks just doesn't flow right with me, not sure why. I've always loved the 55-59, 60-66, and the 73-87 bodystyles.

Originally Posted by Iroc-Boost
Me likey. LMK if you need any help in the LS department.
Definitely will do, it'll be a little bit before I start getting ready to build a LS for it.

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
I always have a hard time finding these trucks on craigslist. I dont know what to type in. Chevy truck, C10, pickup, but you get all different body styles and hundreds of results. I remember when they were all over. Now it seems like no one is selling them anymore.
It's more of a hit or miss with these, I usually put in a price bracket on "for sale by owner" and type in Chevy or GMC then just weed through the ads. You will see alot more LWB Chevy's or GMC's then you do SWB's but they are out there. It's a little easier for me being as it doesn't have to have a title if its older than 85 being as I register most of mine in GA. Which all you need is a Bill of Sale if older than 85 and then if I decide to sell just give the buyer a Bill of Sale and the registration and they can register it in a different state. Here's a few I can find off the bat:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2140936565.html
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2135854982.html
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2133813374.html
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2132335568.html
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Slooby
TAINT PUNCHER!

Alright a little update, got rid of the big ass bus steering wheel to a freebe grant gt wheel. I have a few other freebe parts to be putting on tomorrow, be getting rid of the tails with the chrome trim. Took off the fender molding and discovered some rust in the fender along where the molding is. Also bought a emblem for the grill to replace the 350 emblem til I build me one. I'll have more pictures tomorrow. I've been spending the last couple of days fixing little minor things here and there like the front drivers side brakes and had to put a new ignition module in.

Freebe wheel

Difference in stock vs freebe
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
sohcman
Registered Member

sohcman has disabled reputation

agreed!

Quick Reply: Project Truck build thread