Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Motor Mounts?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: Motor Mounts?

Originally Posted by tcraven92
Yea, but part of his question is are they worth it? From what I have heard, if you still dd you car stick with stock because apparently you feel a bunch of vibrations.
Solid mounts are going to make it ride different because there's no cushion for the engine to move.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

i drove around with a hasport race mount for about 2 months...not bad until you miss a gear, then it feels like your car is gonna explode.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Sw33tSi07
Registered Member

Sw33tSi07 has disabled reputation

yeah thats why i was asking. buddy of mine has different ones i dont know the brand i cant remember. but thats all i felt when ridding with him is when he was stopped it just vibrated more. so i was wondering if there really worth the money
Old 04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

if you have more hp/tq than stock, yea. if your car is stock with bolt ons...no
Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Sw33tSi07
yeah thats why i was asking. buddy of mine has different ones i dont know the brand i cant remember. but thats all i felt when ridding with him is when he was stopped it just vibrated more. so i was wondering if there really worth the money
If you're going to be doing a lot of track driving, they're worth it. The engine and trans will move around a lot less under power. There will be more vibration and noise because the harder mounts couple more vibration into the chassis that the softer stock mounts would tend to isolate. The extra noise happens because the extra vibration transmitted into the chassis can make the chassis act somewhat like a speaker, which is interesting to think about.

So it's really a matter of which is more important to you, precision on the track or low amounts of vibration on the street?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
C_WAKE
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you're going to be doing a lot of track driving, they're worth it. The engine and trans will move around a lot less under power. There will be more vibration and noise because the harder mounts couple more vibration into the chassis that the softer stock mounts would tend to isolate. The extra noise happens because the extra vibration transmitted into the chassis can make the chassis act somewhat like a speaker, which is interesting to think about.

So it's really a matter of which is more important to you, precision on the track or low amounts of vibration on the street?
+1 ... i have 60A (red) street mounts by innovative... great mounts but do transfer a lot more vibration.... especially with my GSR at 11.5:1 comp. NA and i got 218 to the wheels your results wont be the same but mounts showed and considerable difference since my old ones were fucked anyways .lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
JustaGSR18
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

aftermarket mounts are deff a good upgrade stock or not. with stock mounts the engine will move around alot due to the flexibility of the stock mounts, this can cause problems with axles and wheelhop, also it will slow you down because the engine will flex so much before it transfers power to the wheels. yes you will feel more vibration due to the stiffer mounts but in my opinion it is def worth it