Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VA Speed tune - Never again.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 AM
CTS-V Bryan
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V Bryan has disabled reputation
Default Re: VA Speed tune - Never again.

Originally Posted by Archer
is it just me or does 13:1 sound lean as far as an ideal WOT AF/R? generally richer = more conservative.
For an N/A street driven car 13:1 is fine. For a sometimes tracked car, you want it a little richer. Ed tuned my car to right about 12.5:1. VA Speed's tune actually had my AFR from the hit to around 4.5k RPM at around 13.5:1. Idiots.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:31 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Stuff like this is why I chose Frost to tune my car as I have heard of mixed reviews of VA Speed. I know Steve personally and trusted his work far more than VA Speed.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 AM
CTS-V Bryan
Registered Member

CTS-V Bryan has disabled reputation

Just an update. I have discovered that instead of facing the recent rash of unhappy customers, and their internet threads, Va Speed has decided to stop sponsoring ls1tech.com and corvetteforum.com. While most companies would face the allegations head on, and let everyone know what they're trying to do to improve their product, and renew customer relations, Va Speed has went the opposite way and have decided that sponsoring the internet boards is either too problematic or not worth their time. To me, stopping their sponsorship of these boards is just an indication of not wanting to address the real issues. Regardless what you think of it, the fact is that at no point in any of the threads concerning their work, have they even one time given any indication of wanting to improve their quality and have only deflected blame on others.

I just thought this was significant information anyone seeking any type of work would want to know before choosing to have this company do anything for them.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Surprised being any negative feed back or bashing of VA Speed on LS1Tech usually ends up in the thread going bye bye and disappearing. That means now you can "opening" complain about them and more and more people can see.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
edcmat-l1
Former Vendor

edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Surprised being any negative feed back or bashing of VA Speed on LS1Tech usually ends up in the thread going bye bye and disappearing. That means now you can "opening" complain about them and more and more people can see.
I don't think any of them disappeared. They just got moved to the sponsor feedback section.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Possible. I know people have complained or mentioned about it on tech.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 AM
edcmat-l1
Former Vendor

edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1 edcmat-l1

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Possible. I know people have complained or mentioned about it on tech.
Nothing possible about it. They're there. All you have to do is go look.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sp...ver-again.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sp...nia-speed.html
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 AM
edcmat-l1
Former Vendor

Double post.........

Last edited by edcmat-l1; 02-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by CTS-V Bryan
Just an update. I have discovered that instead of facing the recent rash of unhappy customers, and their internet threads, Va Speed has decided to stop sponsoring ls1tech.com and corvetteforum.com. While most companies would face the allegations head on, and let everyone know what they're trying to do to improve their product, and renew customer relations, Va Speed has went the opposite way and have decided that sponsoring the internet boards is either too problematic or not worth their time. To me, stopping their sponsorship of these boards is just an indication of not wanting to address the real issues. Regardless what you think of it, the fact is that at no point in any of the threads concerning their work, have they even one time given any indication of wanting to improve their quality and have only deflected blame on others.

I just thought this was significant information anyone seeking any type of work would want to know before choosing to have this company do anything for them.
Wow, I guess instead of trying to gain business, they are actually making an effort to do the opposite? Especially being that both of those sites are huge outlets into their target demographic...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Nothing possible about it. They're there. All you have to do is go look.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sp...ver-again.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sp...nia-speed.html
Yes I read that and saw that. Now read the 2nd post in the first link you posted...ha ha ha.

Quick Reply: VA Speed tune - Never again.