Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rx-8

Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Priestiality
Hello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality
Default Re: Rx-8

It's ok.. people here think vtak or straight axle means sports car. Armchair motorsports enthusiasts really.

Shit, year one it dominated b stock.

http://rotarynews.com/node/view/690

Originally Posted by 2005
Thirty two drivers showed up to do battle in B Stock at the Sports Car Club of America Solo2 National Champions in Topeka, KS. In this class the RX-8 is the new kid on the block among a number of Nissan 350Z's, BMW M3's, Toyota MR2 Turbo's and the class favorite Porsche 968.

After the first day of competition the RX-8's were holding down the top four spots in the class with the 968 in the 5th spot. Phillip Weber was in 1st followed by Eric Jones, Jason Isley and Joe Goeke.
I know I probably wouldn't be satisfied with one but don't discredit a car that does what it's supposed to well.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Niburu
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by Its Chey
OP, by one if you truly want it. There is a chance you may hate it though. I had an 2004 auto trans. The engine was replaced at 4600, before I owned it. I never had a flooding issue I couldn't handle in 10 minutes. No misfires. Never added more than a quarts worth of oil per change interval. Research all you can as it does require your attention more than most other vehicles. I used to add 16oz of two stroke oil per fuel fill to compensate for have the early engine with only two oil metering jets. In my mind it certainly helped lube/preserve the apex seals.
Keep in mind you had the the '04 autotragic, the least powerfull RX-8 they made. We're talking about 30 less hp than than the manual version because Mazda used the 4 port Renesis instead of the 6 port motor.
On top of that the 04 autotragics had the revs limited stupidly low to where it could barely get into its power band.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I'm going to go test drive one tomorrow...you assholes, I blame you.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Definition:
sports car - noun:
a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

Originally Posted by Dubee88
a sports car is not an rx-8
lolwut.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

slow, unreliable, and get shitty gas mileage. I don't see the appeal
Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by POS DSM
slow, unreliable, and get shitty gas mileage. I don't see the appeal
Rotaries have character (read: slow, unreliable, and get shitty gas mileage)
Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Who cares about gas mileage? Are they actually unreliable? It seems many have bad owners, but that with a good owner from my reading them seem to be fine? As far as slow goes, what is "fast" doesn't change based on what else is out there. Sure, there are much faster cars, but 0-60 in 6 is fast. That's just behind a 993 Carrera 4. Sure, the times have changed, but fast is fast.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Buy an rx8 and build a 4 rotor. All slow problems will be solved.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 AM
Riff Raff
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

The gayness level is on par with a vw beetle(not the new one).
Old 02-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Lay Zee H
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

There are reasons Mazda gave up on them.

Quick Reply: Rx-8