Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I'm in love, fuck the probe

Old 03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Re: I'm in love, fuck the probe

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
The best value for your money would be an Srt-4. The power makes up for a lot of the looks.
ROFLMAO! Oh, you were actually being serious...
Old 03-04-2004, 05:49 PM
wantarace95GSX
Registered Member

wantarace95GSX is an unknown quantity at this point

STI is a great car, tranny is nearly bulletproof but the aftermarket is not quite there yet i believe, but like merf said everyone has got one now. Me i would personally take an evo over the STi though
Old 03-04-2004, 06:02 PM
4SFED4
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
i like the EVO better for obvious reasons... oh well... STI is still an aight ride.. i don't care much for 4 door cars though..

Most definately agree, but imagine how badass you can make a 1G DSM for the price of an EVO or STi. Thats what I did and I don't have 4 doors. I also couldn't imagine buying a 25K+ car with plans to mod it and spend another 15K on top of that while the value of the vehicle will drop 40% in the first 2 years. On a typical 5 year loan after the first year you will owe more on the the car then it is worth(blue book) with or without mods.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:05 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4SFED4
Most definately agree, but imagine how badass you can make a 1G DSM for the price of an EVO or STi. Thats what I did and I don't have 4 doors. I also couldn't imagine buying a 25K+ car with plans to mod it and spend another 15K on top of that while the value of the vehicle will drop 40% in the first 2 years. On a typical 5 year loan after the first year you will owe more on the the car then it is worth(blue book) with or without mods.
that is why i won't be buying a new sports car any time soon.. the price you pay for getting it "brand new" isn't worth it over one wit ha few miles on it IMO.. usually a HUGE price difference.. i agree, but at the same time if he wants a new car, then a 92 GSX or the like shouldn't really be in the realm of possibility except as a project
Old 03-04-2004, 06:10 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nic
The drivetrain in the Evo's are great, but once you get in one and drive it you'll see that it really is nothing more than a lancer with a fancy drivetrain. The interior is still built just as cheaply as the lancer as well. Def. not worth $30k IMO. Haven't driven an STi yet, I hear they're fun cars though. I still think, and the numbers prove, that your best performance/$ value is the new Mustang GT though. I think an STi would be a good addition to the group though and I'm sure you'll love it.
yeah, they are the same car except for the better seats, different guages, different motor (with 200 more hp), and a shitload of other things..

i have driven/ridden in both as i ahve friends with them, and would consider a STI and EVO to be pretty much equal on all levels.. EXCEPT the EVO is BY FAR MUCH EASIER to work on.. spark plugs on a WRX? lots of fun... look at the engine and tell me how much fun a head gasket replacement would be.. i've done work on both and everything in the WRX seems to be 10x the work.. still great cars though.. if only they would do it in less than 4 doors...
Old 03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Nic
Patron

yeah, they are the same car except for the better seats, different guages, different motor (with 200 more hp), and a shitload of other things..

i have driven/ridden in both as i ahve friends with them, and would consider a STI and EVO to be pretty much equal on all levels.. EXCEPT the EVO is BY FAR MUCH EASIER to work on.. spark plugs on a WRX? lots of fun... look at the engine and tell me how much fun a head gasket replacement would be.. i've done work on both and everything in the WRX seems to be 10x the work.. still great cars though.. if only they would do it in less than 4 doors...
Yea, one thing I've got to hand it to Mitsubishi on is they're one of the easier cars out there to work on. Then again, speaking from my experiences as a Mitsu. tech, with the quality of their product, they need to be easy to work on. They really did take their time and do things right with the drivetrain in the Evo's. I just really wish they'd have done the same with the rest of the car.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:23 PM
EvasionOfTruth
Hiding in the bushes

EvasionOfTruth is an unknown quantity at this point

EXCEPT the EVO is BY FAR MUCH EASIER to work on.. spark plugs on a WRX? lots of fun... look at the engine and tell me how much fun a head gasket replacement would be.. i've done work on both and everything in the WRX seems to be 10x the work..
Once you've worked on Subarus for awhile they aren't really that bad.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
LOCO
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm make an older car faster??if I was going to put all that money intot he car I would keep the probe.

I want a NEW car, work on it myself??? yeah right, its under warentee, I dont plan on modding it, I already said that, damn.

I want a BRAND NEW CAR, thats fast out the box, fairly cheap, nice interior, and fun to drive, the sti is all of that.

I didn't ask "should a get an sti or a gay neon" so please reframe from telling me what I "should" get.
You like the evo better?? good by it your damn self, you like a gay slow neon better?? good buy the gay slow neon your damn self.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Nic
Patron

Originally Posted by LOCO
I didn't ask "should a get an sti or a gay neon" so please reframe from telling me what I "should" get.
You like the evo better?? good by it your damn self, you like a gay slow neon better?? good buy the gay slow neon your damn self.
lol, damn...boys got his heart set on that STi now They are the best sounding 4 cylinders out there, by far.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally Posted by Nic
They are the best sounding 4 cylinders out there, by far.
i beg to differ

http://www.vadsm.com/uploads/talon.wma

Quick Reply: I'm in love, fuck the probe