Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need help

Old 03-09-2004, 01:12 PM
callmecobra96
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
callmecobra96 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I need help

ha brandon it just sounds like you want some ass
Old 03-09-2004, 01:15 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callmecobra96
ha brandon it just sounds like you want some ass
Nope. Just trying to be nice. She doesn't have to take the offer if she doesn't want to....Just figured I would throw it out there.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
TeayotaSoupra

TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point

That is what I love..someone who is willing to help! My dad just always trys to do it for me..pisses me off..

Sick of people who think they are the shit and rather put people down then help them.

Sounds like a deal though.. I'm going to the ex's house tonight though and i'm going to kick his Altima out of the garage and put a jack under the supra.. I'm going to take off the ebrake and hope like hell nothing happens lol then i'll spin the wheel and see if it makes the noise.. if it does thats wheel barring right? Or did I get totaly confused?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:27 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

Originally Posted by TeayotaSoupra
That is what I love..someone who is willing to help! My dad just always trys to do it for me..pisses me off..

Sick of people who think they are the shit and rather put people down then help them.

Sounds like a deal though.. I'm going to the ex's house tonight though and i'm going to kick his Altima out of the garage and put a jack under the supra.. I'm going to take off the ebrake and hope like hell nothing happens lol then i'll spin the wheel and see if it makes the noise.. if it does thats wheel barring right? Or did I get totaly confused?
My dad said since he doesn't know how they're set up in the rear end it could be a wheel bearing. My dad said that's what it sounds like. Jack it up and check and see if the wheel is loose and turn the wheel to see if you hear any noise. He said it could the driveshaft universal joint but doubts that. If it's the wheel bearing it will get worse when you around a curve and load weight onto it....

That's straight from my dad. I figured I would ask him for you.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:01 PM
TeayotaSoupra

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
My dad said since he doesn't know how they're set up in the rear end it could be a wheel bearing. My dad said that's what it sounds like. Jack it up and check and see if the wheel is loose and turn the wheel to see if you hear any noise. He said it could the driveshaft universal joint but doubts that. If it's the wheel bearing it will get worse when you around a curve and load weight onto it....

That's straight from my dad. I figured I would ask him for you.
Sounds about right.. Would he help me put a new one on? If I can get one..guess I gatta go back to Toyota..well if it's the prob..
Old 03-09-2004, 02:12 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

Sounds about right.. Would he help me put a new one on? If I can get one..guess I gatta go back to Toyota..well if it's the prob..
On a scale of 1-10 my dad said it would be a 7-8 install but he says he's not familiar with Toyotas. He'd have to see the rear and look at it. I'm sure he'd be willing to help some. Best thing is to get a manual like Haynes. He said it should show you how to put it in if it's the wheel bearing. Don't go slapping a new part in unless you know for sure that's how it is. They're not the best books but they give you a good starting point. You just need to MAKE SURE that's what it is.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:17 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

if they are going to stick me that hard in the ass at least let it slide in a bit easier!
Man you guys are slow today....
Old 03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
TeayotaSoupra

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Man you guys are slow today....
:Points: dont you start lil boy
Old 03-09-2004, 04:59 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

wheel bearing on IRS=fun

not for the timid......esp if its an ABS car......

best left to a pro. as for checking it...you can see if it has play in it, but most of the time they will be tight, and have a roar in them. could be alot of things, best thing to do is to jack it up, WITH JACKSTANDS and run it in gear at the speed you hear it at, and see what is rubbing, or if it is in the hub. stethescope is nice for that....

and if its an ABS car, be prepared for the ABS light to come on.....it doesnt like seeing the rear wheels turning and the front ones not....
Old 03-09-2004, 05:03 PM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Toyota...you pay alot, but they are the masters unless you are in Pennsylvania, Texas, or Illinois.