Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help with 1988 supra.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:28 PM
flow fx
hostgator.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help with 1988 supra.

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
dude, you seriously need to lay-off the video games and shut the fuck up when it comes to Supras and Toyotas...you don't know shit.
If you're talking about exterior shit being easily available, then I'll give that up to me wanting a 91T 5 years ago, before Japanese parts were all over the place

If your talking about the motor swap and read; I never said I knew exactly what it was, I said I know there is a smaller displacement (than the 4g TT motor) motor that is TT and common for swaps to MK3's.

Why don't you attempt to tell me how fast my car goes in each gear again, mister toyotageek?

edit: Oh, if it was about the 2 thing, it was a typo. I meant 1.

I was never giving him super specific info like cathy, I never intended to, just wanted him to know about the other smaller motor.

Last edited by flow fx; 04-19-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:36 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

i never said how fast your car would go in whatever gear, i said it was retarded. my buddy has 2 WS6's, i told him about the BS you talk...he thinks you're a retard for downshifting into, what, 1st?!?!? @ 45 mph?!?!? easy way to completely jack-up your trans. how do we know this??? he was being a complete fucktard also and has fried a trans. he admits it's stupid. now what, mr. retard who doesn't know what a charcoal canister is??? you're soooooo smart.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:24 AM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT

hey hey hey, he's just a little asian kid trying to help a brotha out

edit: I'm not a brotha, i'm asian
Old 04-20-2004, 03:27 AM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

Oh and i called up a guy yesterday that had a MK3 for sale. It was posted excel condition in and out *havent seen the car yet* but no engine for $700. Good deal? I told him if i bought the car that i would do as Cathy said and buy an engine from Over seas, and he screamed in my ear and said ME TOO! The car is located in Suffolk, 20-25 mins from Where I'm from *tallwood area*

But cathy if that guy still has that MK3 up for grabs for 800 Holla at yer Boi

edit: Are all the turbo MK3 manual? Any automatic? Sorry i have no clue. Thanks for the help
Old 04-20-2004, 04:03 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

no. the MkIII T's also came as auto-tragics.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:16 AM
flow fx
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
i never said how fast your car would go in whatever gear, i said it was retarded. my buddy has 2 WS6's, i told him about the BS you talk...he thinks you're a retard for downshifting into, what, 1st?!?!? @ 45 mph?!?!? easy way to completely jack-up your trans. how do we know this??? he was being a complete fucktard also and has fried a trans. he admits it's stupid. now what, mr. retard who doesn't know what a charcoal canister is??? you're soooooo smart.
Where did you get 45mph from? Don't come on here calling me an idiot when
1; I'm trying to give someone the basic idea of what he can do to his car
2; you don't even have the story correct.

a t56 w/3.42's runs to about 50-55, I didn't say I dropped it at 45, I never gave a specific MPH; the highest I've ever done it at was low 30s.

The guy was talking about showing off to someone around 40mph by barking tires, or something, I forget, it wasnt very important to me like it apparently was to you.

I'm more worried about blowing a rear end than a T56, not that its any of YOUR business.

Last edited by flow fx; 04-20-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:17 AM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

^^^
Old 04-20-2004, 10:22 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally Posted by flo w fx
I was never giving him super specific info like cathy, I never intended to, just wanted him to know about the other smaller motor.
I don't see him complaining.

Originally Posted by USMCMotorT
Yea it was horrid. Ha, i just dont like hurting people feelings. Does that guy with the supra still have it up for grabs at 800 bucks? IF so PLEASE PLEASE HOOK ME up with a NUMBER. Call me up at 3437570 ask for Charles. I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH, I'll talk to the guy and try to tell him what the deal is.
Or you can pm me his name and number and location THANKS!
I mentioned it to my dad today and he said he will drive by the guys house on victory blvd to see if he still has it for sale.

Oh and i called up a guy yesterday that had a MK3 for sale. It was posted excel condition in and out *havent seen the car yet* but no engine for $700. Good deal?
is it an NA or Turbo?

edit: Are all the turbo MK3 manual?
Nope. Like ToyotaTechGeek said they also come in autos.

Also, I forgot to ask, if you decide to go with a non turbo chassis, what are you going to do about all the other parts? I mean in addition to the motor swap? Theres a couple of differences between the turbo and the base model mk3s.

For example..The trannies, injectors, spark plugs, LSD, ABS...

The turbo model comes standard with certain features (info from supraforums):
ABS (optional on both models)
Power sunroof (90-92)
Drivers Air Bag (90-92)
LSD
Automatic Climate Control
Progressive Power Steering (89-92)
Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension(TEMS)
8-way power drivers seat
Tilt/Tele Wheel with memory
Headlight Sprayers
SuperMonitor
(86.5-88 for fuel tracking, maintenance, etc)
86.5-87Cloth or Leather Interiors
Cruise Control
Power mirrors with built in defroster

If I were you I'd find a MK3T with a blown motor or something and then do the swap, because if you get an NA even if you do the motor swap there's still other things you'll have to add to make it an 'MK3T.'
Old 04-20-2004, 11:26 AM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

Geez pyari chick, you're just a bundle of info aren't you?
I had no clue about any of the extras it came with. If i would get a non-turob, could i turbo that up still? Does that site I sell N/A's also? I have been looking around and havent seen any turbo ones, But I'm about to go on Autotrader and check it out. I really dont mind for turbo's or N/A. I just want one =) Thanks for your input, its much appreciated. But definately check out the supra if it's still up for sale. Tell yer pops i said thanks

If i did get the Supra that was N/A, couldnt i just get a N/A Motor? would it be cheaper?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:56 PM
ma70_guy
wanderer

ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy ma70_guy

i have a turbo ecu harness im selling usmcmotort.

Quick Reply: Help with 1988 supra.