Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Guess what?..VA SUCKS

Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 AM
DomesticRice
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DomesticRice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Guess what?..VA SUCKS

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Heh, sounds like a little destiny at this point huh?

But honestly I've always wondered how the fuck Harleys can get away with being so earbleedingly loud, and in all honestly I dont think they sound good at all, no more better than a civic.
Because their exhaust systems are stock.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
TeayotaSoupra

TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point

My judge didn't throw it out... harris...joy joy..

Yea.. it passes inspection yet it's illegal? doesn't make any damn sence to me...
Old 04-21-2004, 10:15 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

hmm.. we have had this conversation so many times... Joey, care to enlighten those who do not know? Pull it straight from your state inspectors book this time.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:41 AM
VT_453

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

§ 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a motor vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
(Code 1950, § 46-305; 1952, c. 455; 1956, c. 651; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-301; 1960, c. 120; 1970, c. 266; 1972, c. 66; 1989, c. 727.)

under this as long as its like factory, it should be ok.

§ 46.2-1047. Muffler cutout, etc., illegal.

It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale any (i) muffler without interior baffle plates or other effective muffling device or (ii) gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on the highways in the Commonwealth a motor vehicle equipped with a gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust.
(Code 1950, § 46-306; 1950, p. 54; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-302; 1964, c. 628; 1989, c. 727.)

covers straight exhausts

Which code section was your ticket written under? If it was 46.2-1003, it refers to basically using off road equipment on road, like off road lights, glass not dot approved, and any other equipment. If it was one of the above, there they are, if it was something else, im curious to what it was.

I agree that a lot of the laws in VA are dumb as hell, imagine trying to enforce some of them....
Old 04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

electric cutout... 3"... where to get one?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:31 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DomesticRice
Because their exhaust systems are stock.
That's not my point at all. Compare the decibel level of a Harley to the average car and tell me how they are able to get away with being that loud stock is my point? My aftermarket "illegal" exhaust isnt even close to that loud.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Ms. Supra all I can say is you got raped on your exhaust like I did on my 5% tint at a liscense check point that was there for 10 minutes. Just 2 stupid sherrifs getting off on messing with people in front of my friends house.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
quickChris
Registered Member

quickChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh shit.....judge Harris......if you are white you are fucked.....
Old 04-21-2004, 12:50 PM
MAsshole
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts

when i had my camaro i got pulled over in norfolk for a brake light out. the cop then told me everything else illegal with the car from the taillight cover, 9" wheel, and even the air freshener hanging from the mirror. now if the air freshener is "obstruction of view" what about cowl hoods etc.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heartagram
when i had my camaro i got pulled over in norfolk for a brake light out. the cop then told me everything else illegal with the car from the taillight cover, 9" wheel, and even the air freshener hanging from the mirror. now if the air freshener is "obstruction of view" what about cowl hoods etc.
Haha what a dick, honestly who the fuck cares about a fucking air freshener jesus christ, I hope you proceeded to punch him in his face for that one.

Quick Reply: Guess what?..VA SUCKS