Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Pics of the car with new Wheels, Tires and Rotors

Old 08-02-2004 | 12:51 PM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pics of the car with new Wheels, Tires and Rotors

I personally don't think the drilled and slotted rotrs stop any better, or really don't know if they run any cooler temps. I personally bought them for looks alone. I also know thats why they were put on Matt's old Red Cobra.

The Roush is an 02 I believe. It's actually a Roush Classic (#49 of 50) Basicly, it's a 380R without the stripes. Mike, the owner decided to give the stripes a shot and likes them, so he left them on. I don;t think you can get those color stripes from Roush direct.

Steve
Old 08-02-2004 | 02:06 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i couldnt tell what color they were from the reflection in your gorgeous paint but the front end looked like a Roush.

i am with ya on the rotors, they do look bad ass behind the wheels. (and i have actually seen some drilled rotors crack from heat and warp worse then solid ones, but its all a matter of opinions on that)

what all do you have on the agenda for mods? gonna go suspension first, or powaaa! ?
Old 08-02-2004 | 02:09 PM
VTFORDLADY
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Power? what? I think we all know Steve isn't into massive power...geez Joey what were you thinking
Old 08-02-2004 | 02:46 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Hey Steve, nice meeting you, kickass car..

the pics def. dont do the paint justice! The wheels fit the body style perfectly imo, and the tires look sick.. I'm suprised the stock brakes(size) fill up the wheel so well! must stop good..
Old 08-02-2004 | 06:44 PM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fc735
i couldnt tell what color they were from the reflection in your gorgeous paint but the front end looked like a Roush.

i am with ya on the rotors, they do look bad ass behind the wheels. (and i have actually seen some drilled rotors crack from heat and warp worse then solid ones, but its all a matter of opinions on that)

what all do you have on the agenda for mods? gonna go suspension first, or powaaa! ?
I am pretty much done with exterior mods. The way the car is now is kinda the style I like. Lowered, wheels, and keep it clean!!! No vinyl graphics for me. I would also like to tint the windows. Next, I'll probably just put some exhaust on it and keep riding it. I go back and forth between changing the blower or not, We'll see I guess. Got a lot of other things going on right now and its nice not to have to work on something.

Steve
Old 08-03-2004 | 02:54 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

cmon man...twinscrew it!

although, vortec does make a sheetmetal intake for that engine now...and a nice centrifugal that works on it

but i have seen a few guys make damn good power out of the stock blower, tho.

what kind of exhaust? Bassani? SLP? Borla? i have heard all but the SLP on a Cobra...and love both of them.
Old 08-03-2004 | 03:19 AM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

Thinking about the Magnaflow catback. I will probably keep some type of catalytic convertors on it whatever I do.

Steve
Old 08-03-2004 | 03:24 AM
NSXNEXT
ReRegistered User

NSXNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Bilstein shocks? Looks great
Old 08-03-2004 | 03:49 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

ahh...the magnaflows dont sound bad (thats what TheCobraChick had on hers, if i remember....) and they loud as fook with longtubes, OR X and catback
Old 08-03-2004 | 04:47 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

drop the s/c for a turbo setup! you know you want to! lol..

Quick Reply: Pics of the car with new Wheels, Tires and Rotors