Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

natural bridge best times?

Old 01-04-2005, 03:47 PM
elementalwindx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Re: natural bridge best times?

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
I didnt have dsmlink or the extra fuel back then, after I had those in and got it very nicely tuned using DSMlink instead of a stupid Safc setup, dsmlink registered 315awhp, now its reading damn near 100whp more than that, and I am just now getting the cams in, and I still have a cat installed, so Id definately hope I could do much better . Id say when I left off with the 16g I probably was around the 7.8 territory, but I never was able to get to the track to test that out, it was just judging by how it was running in comparison to the 8.02 time period.
I'm still wondering how the hell that hp thing works in dsmlink cuz somtimes it'll say im runnin over 300hp and im like wtf? cuz i know my car is at most 210hp
Old 01-04-2005, 03:50 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
I'm still wondering how the hell that hp thing works in dsmlink cuz somtimes it'll say im runnin over 300hp and im like wtf? cuz i know my car is at most 210hp
uphill/downhill

the calc only works on 100% level ground
Old 01-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Turblowedneon
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

I ran a 9 flat on stockies and no mods at 70mph or around 72 i cant remember the mph....
Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
uphill/downhill

the calc only works on 100% level ground
So basically just find a 1/4th mile strip and just gun it till the hp peaks? lol
Old 01-04-2005, 08:06 PM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
I guess we know the fastest RWD's.. I know alot of you AWD guys have alot more left in you.. I just remember a Civic hatch running a 7.7, I couldnt believe it.. I looked at some similar times on FWD hatches, the ones runnin around 7.7 in the 1/8th ran mid/high 10's at like 130 mph haha.. not to say this hatch could run that, b/c the other timeslips I saw could have been caused by way more power(and no better times b/c of traction), but still...

ah I can dream right?

I wouldn't think the average 7.7 second car will run anywhere near the 10's in the 1/4. My 96 Cobra ran a best of 10.60@132.4 in the 1/4. The 1/8th mile time on this was a 6.85@105.1 MPH. 60' wasn't the greatest with a 1.58. I would think that a car that runs high 7's in the 1/8, should run high 11's in the 1/4.

Steve
Old 01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
I wouldn't think the average 7.7 second car will run anywhere near the 10's in the 1/4. My 96 Cobra ran a best of 10.60@132.4 in the 1/4. The 1/8th mile time on this was a 6.85@105.1 MPH. 60' wasn't the greatest with a 1.58. I would think that a car that runs high 7's in the 1/8, should run high 11's in the 1/4.

Steve
I'm torn on how to feel about this....

That Mustang was fast as shit! 10.6 is ridiculously fast, but at the same time I had heard your Cobra was faster than that.

I hate to bring this name up, but Chuck Scott always claimed his Mustang was a 9 second car, and I'd almost be willing to bet my life that your Cobra would have ruined his day.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'm torn on how to feel about this....

That Mustang was fast as shit! 10.6 is ridiculously fast, but at the same time I had heard your Cobra was faster than that.

I hate to bring this name up, but Chuck Scott always claimed his Mustang was a 9 second car, and I'd almost be willing to bet my life that your Cobra would have ruined his day.

That was the best pass the 96 Cobra ever made. Now, keep in mind, 132 MPH is a lot of MPH for a 10.6 ET. This is because of the 60 foot time being in the high 1.5's. A car with that much power (632RWHP) should be in the low 1.4's, if not high 1.3's. My car just had a few thing working against it. IE: suspension that didnt transfer weight, 5 speed transmission, could have used new set of slicks, and possibly dial in the rear suspension geometry (Instant center and pinion angle). But, I did the best I could with what I had and had fun doing it. I guess thats the main thing.

Of course, now the 96 is sold and I have the 04 Cobra, which is no where near as fast as the 96. Oh well.

Don't know Chuck personally, but I think he has a white car. Not sure on what it runs either. I guess there is only one way to find out though. Take it to a 1/4 mile and see for sure what it will do, rather than speculate. I would rather race a 1/4 mile track ANY day of the wee rather than the 1/8th.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:48 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

That was the best pass the 96 Cobra ever made. Now, keep in mind, 132 MPH is a lot of MPH for a 10.6 ET. This is because of the 60 foot time being in the high 1.5's. A car with that much power (632RWHP) should be in the low 1.4's, if not high 1.3's. My car just had a few thing working against it. IE: suspension that didnt transfer weight, 5 speed transmission, could have used new set of slicks, and possibly dial in the rear suspension geometry (Instant center and pinion angle). But, I did the best I could with what I had and had fun doing it. I guess thats the main thing.

Of course, now the 96 is sold and I have the 04 Cobra, which is no where near as fast as the 96. Oh well.

Don't know Chuck personally, but I think he has a white car. Not sure on what it runs either. I guess there is only one way to find out though. Take it to a 1/4 mile and see for sure what it will do, rather than speculate. I would rather race a 1/4 mile track ANY day of the wee rather than the 1/8th.
Chuck owns a white fox.. The motor came out of the Mustang that roasted the Viper, if you're familiar with that notorious race. I've seen your car run and I'm confident that your Cobra was faster, but he claimed 9's... I call BS.

I would kill to have a closer 1/4 mile track. Natural Bridge is a good drive down the road and not really worth it most of the time IMHO. I've only been on the track once or twice with my newest car, but haven't been able to hit a 1/4 track. Can't wait!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:54 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Steve
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with what type of car it is to, I know with SRT's mid to low 7 = mid to low 11's and mid to high 7's = mid to high 11's for the most part. Though with some different setup's it looks like someone could break into the 10's with a 7.3 or lower.

With turbo cars if you have a giant turbo the 1/8th mile time is going to be lower while waiting for it spool up, while the last 1/8th is going to be faster because your already at full tilt.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
It must be done on a level surface as dave said. Just find a very flat piece of road and do your pull there, it only requires you winding on 2nd. Also be sure the wheel size, gross vehicle weight, etc are entered in the rest of it is based on other parameters of the car. Its not going to be perfectly accurate to a dyno, but if youre doing it for a ballpark figure it shouldnt be too bad at all. It used to read 315 for my 16g by the end, so Id say its fairly accurate. If you do passes on multiple stretches of road that you feel are flat, you're likely to get all the same readings if they are truly flat, any oddball figures and you know which arent.

Quick Reply: natural bridge best times?