Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Looking to buy a new bike

Old 03-31-2005 | 11:13 PM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking to buy a new bike

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
i hear the seat for the new 600RR is still like a plank,but other than that I think that is a very nice bike. It is true that the older hondas, like the F4 and F4i are not as sporty as the other brands of the same year. I have not ridden on the newer Hondas, yet.
Since this will be your first sportbike, I say, don't really place your decision on the minuscule power and performance advantage that either one bike or another bike has over each other. Chances are by the time you can take full advantage of the all the power the bike has than there will be better bikes available or you can go to the next class up.
Rather base your decision on reliability, technology and what appeals to you more.
As far as what dealership to go to, check out Honda of Norfolk, I think you can see them off of the eastbound lane on I-64 near Tidewater Dr. I can't remember if that is off of Old Naval Rd or off of Talbot (?Rd) And Tidewater Rd near the railroad tracks. Or you can ask Del sol to to see what they have.

CycleWorld....eh, dont accept a high price for a bike, if you dont know how much it is, than they will see that you dont know shit and charge you more.

Good Luck and ride safe.

exactly.....one of the most important things when bike shopping is not specs because it will take you several years before you can ride 9/10ths of the bike but you should look at whats comfortable for you. Some bikes are more comfortable to some people. I hated riding my buddy's gixxer because I hated the position. You can't go wrong with any 600 made in the last few years
Old 12-07-2005 | 07:02 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Just buy my Kawasaki and save yourself a shitload of money.

I, personally, think you should get a used bike if it's going to be your first. I'm not one of those people who say you shouldn't start on a 600cc because I don't see what the big deal is if you have any self control and common sense, but why not get a used bike in case it falls over or you drop it.. or whatever the case is.. it's not a brand new bike that cost you $8k. You know?
Old 12-07-2005 | 07:44 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by VAhslr
I have a 2004 Yamaha R6 for sale, it comes with everything you need like Alpinestar Leather jacket, Pitt Bull stand, etc. Lots of aftermarket as well as OEM parts. Bike is very clean. NEED TO SELL ASAP asking only $5300.
-PM ME with ?'s
I think he might have found one by now. Did you notice how old this was before you posted?
Old 12-07-2005 | 07:46 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by geonfreaq
I think he might have found one by now. Did you notice how old this was before you posted?
good point
Old 12-07-2005 | 07:58 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by Orange_Fly_Bye
Hey,
I was wondering where is the best place to buy a new bike? I was looking at the 600RR. It doesn't matter if its a 04 or 05. This is my first sport bike but I have rode dirt bikes. I have read good things about Cycle world and a couple other places but where is the best place, not just to purchase but to service the bike also. The 600 goes for 8600-9000. I know IM not gonna be paying that exact amount but I also don't want to pay 10,500 for just the bike. IM just looking for some information. Thanks for anyone who can give me an idea of what IM looking at.
If you have cash (or already have a check from a bank/credit union for a loan) lemme know.

I picked up my '05 600rr for less than 7300 out the door.
Old 12-07-2005 | 12:58 PM
3xb18
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Just buy my Kawasaki and save yourself a shitload of money.

I, personally, think you should get a used bike if it's going to be your first. I'm not one of those people who say you shouldn't start on a 600cc because I don't see what the big deal is if you have any self control and common sense, but why not get a used bike in case it falls over or you drop it.. or whatever the case is.. it's not a brand new bike that cost you $8k. You know?
self control..huh coming from somebody who bought a 600 then almost went to jail because what? oh ya.... wrist control is that the same as self control.just wondering????
Old 12-07-2005 | 01:17 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by 3xb18
self control..huh coming from somebody who bought a 600 then almost went to jail because what? oh ya.... wrist control is that the same as self control.just wondering????
My point exactly.

I do have self control. Unfortunately I let it get the best of me once and I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing. It's easy to go fast when you have that much power in your hands... but when I first started riding I took it very easy and wasn't in a hurry to become the next "Biker Boyz" star from the movie.. you know?

There's a difference. I've seen people get their first bike and immediately attempt wheelies. I don't do that shit.

You've been dangling from my nuts about my speeding ticket though, haven't you? That's what.. the third time you've brought that up? Give it a rest bro.
Old 12-07-2005 | 03:06 PM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, I won't buy anything but Honda. Honda may not be the fastest but they most certainly are the highest of quality out of the "Big 4" as far as I am concerned.
Old 12-07-2005 | 03:49 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Good call.............
Old 12-07-2005 | 06:38 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Hmmm, I won't buy anything but Honda. Honda may not be the fastest but they most certainly are the highest of quality out of the "Big 4" as far as I am concerned.
I thought you had a TL?

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new bike