Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Old 04-24-2005 | 07:06 PM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Re: Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Originally Posted by fc735
if you know so much about it.......why didnt you do it?

you dont have to have an alignment machine to do an alignment. it helps, but its not needed.

you sound like a typical car enthusiast. anyone in the business knows what i mean by that
Ok Mr. ASE certified man.
Old 04-25-2005 | 02:30 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Mr. ASE man has built more cars from the frame up than you, worked on, etc. I would listen to him, very knowledgable. Hell he could do your alignment in your driveway No need to be a smartass to the guy.

He is right. I see it all to often as well. People come in, never had their car looked at, they are not mechanics and yet they know the problem.
Old 04-25-2005 | 04:21 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Ok Mr. ASE certified man.

believe me....i have dealt with more then my share of "enthusiasts" since i am one of the only shops within a 150 mile radius that will even touch modded cars. most are not that bad, but every now and then, there will be one that comes in thinking they know everything about their car, and are telling me i am wrong when i tell them what is wrong with their car. cause obviously i dont know a thing about cars.......

its like i was saying to a friend of mine over lunch yesterday after the CCVT car show, there are morons wherever you go for auto repair. the good ones are worth their weight in gold (and i am not a skinny bastard ) while the bad ones are the reason i have to pay 30 grand a year for my shopkeepers liability insurance

another thing, being cheap or thrifty gets you nowhere. going to a shop simply cause you have a coupon for a cheap alignment (and that is exactly what you would get, i dont care if you think you were gonna get a good one or not, but the FACTORY adjustments that can be done on that car are the only ones that will be done for the price, which is a front toe adjustment. camber/caster is extra, unless its adjustable from the factory. i am not gonna get into details on why, but it is mainly time constraints and such)

i had people drive for 100 miles or more to get a custom alignment when i was at the shop i worked at before running my own, and never once did i have someone even think about asking or trying to jew me down on the price. it was fair for the work performed, and they all knew that you get what you pay for.

my new shop doesnt have an alignment rack yet, but i still have done them. and be glad they were able to get you in the day you brought it by. one of our local alignment shops is on a three week backlog........

as for the window thing.......unless they are stupid as shit, i seriously doubt they did that. no shop that has to pay the bills they have to are gonna risk doing something that shady, especially a dealer. i dont know if you have ever had any dealings with a franchise such as being a car dealer, but the factory is always on your shit about things, and doing shady shit like that is a sure fire way to get a first class ticket out of dealershipville.
Old 04-25-2005 | 06:27 AM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

believe me....i have dealt with more then my share of "enthusiasts" since i am one of the only shops within a 150 mile radius that will even touch modded cars. most are not that bad, but every now and then, there will be one that comes in thinking they know everything about their car, and are telling me i am wrong when i tell them what is wrong with their car. cause obviously i dont know a thing about cars.......

its like i was saying to a friend of mine over lunch yesterday after the CCVT car show, there are morons wherever you go for auto repair. the good ones are worth their weight in gold (and i am not a skinny bastard ) while the bad ones are the reason i have to pay 30 grand a year for my shopkeepers liability insurance

another thing, being cheap or thrifty gets you nowhere. going to a shop simply cause you have a coupon for a cheap alignment (and that is exactly what you would get, i dont care if you think you were gonna get a good one or not, but the FACTORY adjustments that can be done on that car are the only ones that will be done for the price, which is a front toe adjustment. camber/caster is extra, unless its adjustable from the factory. i am not gonna get into details on why, but it is mainly time constraints and such)

i had people drive for 100 miles or more to get a custom alignment when i was at the shop i worked at before running my own, and never once did i have someone even think about asking or trying to jew me down on the price. it was fair for the work performed, and they all knew that you get what you pay for.

my new shop doesnt have an alignment rack yet, but i still have done them. and be glad they were able to get you in the day you brought it by. one of our local alignment shops is on a three week backlog........

as for the window thing.......unless they are stupid as shit, i seriously doubt they did that. no shop that has to pay the bills they have to are gonna risk doing something that shady, especially a dealer. i dont know if you have ever had any dealings with a franchise such as being a car dealer, but the factory is always on your shit about things, and doing shady shit like that is a sure fire way to get a first class ticket out of dealershipville.
Id rather cheap and thrifty, $43.99 from Ron Ellis and they work on lowered vehicles all day long. In addition my friend works there. And my car comes w/ adjustable Caster/Camber plates stock ask Chris if you dont think so. The stock ones are too weak and dont allow you to make a massive adjustment.
Old 04-25-2005 | 06:55 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

All you need is some string to do the aligment yourself.

Old School fools
Old 04-25-2005 | 07:03 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Id rather cheap and thrifty, $43.99 from Ron Ellis and they work on lowered vehicles all day long. In addition my friend works there. And my car comes w/ adjustable Caster/Camber plates stock ask Chris if you dont think so. The stock ones are too weak and dont allow you to make a massive adjustment.

mustangs? they have "adjustments" but not stock. you have to drill the spot welds out, which is not included in alignment labor usually. i usually dont charge for it unless the customer is an ass.

and its camber adjustment, caster isnt really adjustable stock, at least its technically not adjustable.
Old 04-25-2005 | 07:50 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

damn your are so fucking right. And if you wanna use coupons you will get the oem spec alignment. I rather pay the extra 30 and get it done to MY provided specs with me sitting in the car when its on the alignment rack at mincz. You have to pay to play...
Old 04-25-2005 | 08:35 AM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

Originally Posted by chapter8
damn your are so fucking right. And if you wanna use coupons you will get the oem spec alignment. I rather pay the extra 30 and get it done to MY provided specs with me sitting in the car when its on the alignment rack at mincz. You have to pay to play...
Terry I dont have any alignment specs. I just want it aligned. Its a fucking alignment I really dont give a fuck. Anyway im done w/ all of this bickering.
Old 04-25-2005 | 08:49 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Terry I dont have any alignment specs. I just want it aligned. Its a fucking alignment I really dont give a fuck. Anyway im done w/ all of this bickering.
uhh ok, I wasnt even bickering with you but whatever. I just stated that when I go to get a performance alignment I will shell out the $$ so I can get exactly what I want.
Old 04-25-2005 | 09:13 AM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

Originally Posted by chapter8
uhh ok, I wasnt even bickering with you but whatever. I just stated that when I go to get a performance alignment I will shell out the $$ so I can get exactly what I want.
Im not talking about you Terry.

Quick Reply: Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!