Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

dress code ??

Old 06-28-2005 | 11:52 PM
J-DIRTY30
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30
Default Re: dress code ??

Understood. your right.........influence of the media/entertainment plays a big part in it so. All I'm saying is I have been listening to rap music and watching bet for a long ass time. And I don't have one felony neither nor do i wear baggy pants or jerseys nor do i have gold teeth/chains or any gold for that fact. No xxxl white t-shirts. so what does that make me.....uncle tom/sell out.........naw man I'm just me just one laid back kool ass dude.
Old 06-29-2005 | 02:10 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Image. That is what this breaks down to IMO Tim. There is a certain image that "black" people want to portray and all the trends you've listed play directly into this. Why the need for this?

And somehow Tim is getting banned words to display. haha
Old 06-29-2005 | 04:44 AM
Laris
Registered Member

Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris

Originally Posted by AV6 904
Understood. your right.........influence of the media/entertainment plays a big part in it so. All I'm saying is I have been listening to rap music and watching bet for a long ass time. And I don't have one felony neither nor do i wear baggy pants or jerseys nor do i have gold teeth/chains or any gold for that fact. No xxxl white t-shirts. so what does that make me.....uncle tom/sell out.........naw man I'm just me just one laid back kool ass dude.
Your the kind of black people everyone likes, the social business black guy, one that respects people does not act like a n***** you know...There are n*****s and black people...I have a lot of black friends but I put them in the class of the preppy black guy, one that dress nice, speaks right, shows repect to others...like Tim...good english and has good points in life...You know what time is talking about, he is talking about the kids that are in hs and don't use good english..they would say stuff like "Can I borrow a puncle (pencil)" or say "You see that turden (children)"...I think anyone can do what they want...an bad speaking black person that has the big ass clothes and everything could be a business man if he wants...they are lazy and just try...and your right on your points white, mex, blacks, they all have there lazy parts.
Old 06-29-2005 | 05:14 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by greygti
Image. That is what this breaks down to IMO Tim. There is a certain image that "black" people want to portray and all the trends you've listed play directly into this. Why the need for this?
Not too long ago, black music artists went through finishing schools to learn how to not be ghetto when they were in public. Why? Because they were more acceptible to a wider range of people and so they would be a better influence on the culture. Suits or shirt and tie, speaking politely and respectfully, and even (heaven forbid) using halfway decent grammar. They weren't doing this because they were sell-outs. They were doing this because if they didn't, they wouldn't sell 1 record because the record companies wouldn't touch them and no audience would tolerate them.

I don't know why they ever stopped doing this.
Old 06-29-2005 | 05:19 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AV6 904
Given that, you should understand why the ghettofabulous lifestyle shouldn't be perpetuated. Niggers should not be tolerated. They should live on the fringes of society, not glorified.
Old 06-29-2005 | 05:24 AM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

just get used to it or move to the country. ignorance breeds ignorance and the black community as a whole is nothing but ignorance in my opinion. i see fifty year old black women having that shitbag attitude they are known for, and the best part is that 40 years ago they wouldve got beat with a switch by their parents for even speaking out. the black community has grown down instead of growing up and will continue to do so until it is no longer tolerated and, basically, glorified. the black community is one big sheep and the dumb fucking idiots in the music industry are their shepherd and holy shit are they steering them in the wrong direction. it's disgusting to watch.
Old 06-29-2005 | 05:54 AM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

i hate the ying yang twins.
Old 06-29-2005 | 05:56 AM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by reuter
just get used to it or move to the country.
or a foreign country. my favorite part about spain was the lack of ghetto people. there were no tall t's, no 26" chrome rims, no one "wildin' out"... i didn't realize how much i hate it untill it wasnt around.
Old 06-29-2005 | 06:03 AM
El Negro
#XV

Originally Posted by Mr.2
or a foreign country. my favorite part about spain was the lack of ghetto people. there were no tall t's, no 26" chrome rims, no one "wildin' out"... i didn't realize how much i hate it untill it wasnt around.
In all fairness, there weren't any 79 F150s with rust and swampers, either. I liked Spain because everyone was literate, polite and (gasp!) CULTURED.
Old 06-29-2005 | 06:09 AM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Originally Posted by blaxican25
In all fairness, there weren't any 79 F150s with rust and swampers, either. I liked Spain because everyone was literate, polite and (gasp!) CULTURED.
i could go for day's about the groups i didn't miss while in spain. the fact that everyone was well groomed, friendly and cultured was incredible. i only ran into three or four rude bum's. all the bum's had dog's.

Quick Reply: dress code ??