Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/VTEC?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: LS/VTEC?

Originally Posted by Cr33pin
hey was up? i got a integra with a supercharged b18c with a beat piston, thinkin about gettin new pistons an rods or maybe going with a LS block. i dont know alot about ls/vtec i remember when it first got popular people wehre havin problems out of it here an there but that was........prally 3 or 4 years ago. just want some facts an opions about what people who have the set up or know about it think
thanks kids
Bells old car?

Your best bet if the walls are not scored is to just build the block you have. If they are scored, sleeving is a very viable option.

If you are looking to just get the car running again, I'd recommend to find a GSR short block if you could. I think I know where a couple are...

The LS is feasible and easily done, but the revs are drastically reduced.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 AM
Cr33pin
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Bells old car?

Your best bet if the walls are not scored is to just build the block you have. If they are scored, sleeving is a very viable option.

If you are looking to just get the car running again, I'd recommend to find a GSR short block if you could. I think I know where a couple are...

The LS is feasible and easily done, but the revs are drastically reduced.
yea its bells old car. it needs a new head the block is ok, i got it at a local shop they said they would fix it but i dunno.......... they specialize in old mustangs an havent ever worked on a honda.........
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 AM
cleanEK
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cr33pin
yea its bells old car. it needs a new head the block is ok, i got it at a local shop they said they would fix it but i dunno.......... they specialize in old mustangs an havent ever worked on a honda.........
then i would take it some where else, not saying they probably wont know what their doing. But if they work on old mustangs and never worked on a honda then i would have to go some where else.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

You can obtain higher revs from the ls/ vtec if you build it right. Balancing blueprinting bearings. I know someone who revs to 9k without problems. 3 never took mine over 7k yet still breaking the motor in.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

I'm sorry don't forget good rod bolts. But don't take my word for it go to hondaswap.com and search ls/vtec they have plenty of information and builds step by step with pictures explaining the whole process and even listing all the parts needed. Ut helped me gain better understanding of my motor.