Notices
Other ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

WTB: hand gun - springfield xd

Old 04-19-2008, 07:52 AM
91se-r
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91se-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WTB: Gun

Originally Posted by ECR
I shot the HK 9mm and its the most accurate gun I have ever shot. I love it just too pricey for me.
I agree, with the exception of my Kimber, the H&K's were the most accurate.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:08 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I'm pretty sure you know dick about handguns...
And you are the foremost expert on handguns?? He stated his opinion. While I disagree with some of his list, it isn't that far off. And I know that Majette shoots quite a bit, whereas all I see you doing is shooting your mouth. "e-toughguys" are so scary... or pathetic..
Old 04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 93civiccpe
And you are the foremost expert on handguns?? He stated his opinion. While I disagree with some of his list, it isn't that far off. And I know that Majette shoots quite a bit, whereas all I see you doing is shooting your mouth. "e-toughguys" are so scary... or pathetic..
Awww, is majette your boy toy?

Which one of you wears the skirt? And obviously you pay about as much attention to this forum as you do vagina's if you think I don't shoot.

LOL @ a Steyr at the top of his list and a 1911 at the bottom. Both you are fucking stupid.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
majette
Blactical Actual.

majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette

Which one of you wears the skirt? And obviously you pay about as much attention to this forum as you do vagina's if you think I don't shoot.

LOL @ a Steyr at the top of his list and a 1911 at the bottom. Both you are fucking stupid.
i should have stated it was my opinion. based on having owned AT LEAST one model of each of those manufacturers except for the XD and having fired AT LEAST one of ALL listed. in reverse order i will give you my opinions:

Steyr > H&K > Sig > Modified 1911 > Glock > XD > Kel-tec > 1911

1911 - a basic one usually is not fitted tight, needs throating/polishing for reliable feeding, and has a horrible trigger

Kel-tec - bargain guns that are inexpensive and reliable. horrible triggers but they fire each and every time. accurate enough for self defense. if cost was a factor this would be my choice, in 9mm or .380, without reservations

XD - to me the balance is not right and the trigger pull is tooo long. the grip safety is out of place to me. the 1911 pivots and forms to the grip contour, the XD plunger feels funny. long trigger and movement on recoil were not good for me

Glock - the AK of pistols, the safe-action trigger is liveable but better with the 3.5lb connector. supposedly indestructible but i have seen a few with issues and had one fail on me at the range

Modified 1911 - tightly fitted, polished and throated, lighter triggers, costs more than a standard 1911. shoots well but if the 1911 is so great, why are there more modified ones on the market than standard? profit margin is one reason but that can't be the only reason

Sig - makes some of the best pistols in the world. price is high but german ingenuity and workmanship is not cheap. all of the 9mm and higher calibers are a little too bulky for me, triggers are long

H&K - see Sig. H&K is also an innovator in pistol design. the P7 series is one of the most accurate point and shoot pistols, if not the most accurate. its gas system needs frequent cleaning. the usp/p2000 are some of the best duty weapons made, and the new p30 and hk45 lines are going to be right there. the triggers leave a little to be desired to me, s/a-d/a and LEM triggers are not quite what is optimum for me. competition model triggers are much better

Steyr - best shooter for ME. lower bore axis and steeper grip angle than the glock means low felt recoil. great trigger with the best reset i have used. trapezoid sights, once used to them, are right on for fast target acquisition. balance is the same loaded or unloaded. the M series was designed by a former glock employee who offered it to them to be the next generation and they declined. so he went down the road to Steyr (who has been making guns since 1864) and they went for it. reliable, tight, and a fully supported chamber in .40 caliber. in fact, it was designed as a .40 first then a 9mm from that. so, for me, it works the best.

anyone who is looking for any pistol should research, compare, and, if possible, go shoot the demo pistols available at the various local ranges. what works for me may not work for someone else. what feels good to me may not feel good to someone else. but i stand by MY opinion.

5 rounds quick fire at 7 yards. less than two inch spread and i called the one dropped in the 10 ring.

Last edited by majette; 04-21-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical IGNORANT E-thug mentality. Thank you for proving my point. Watch out everyone.. we have an e-toughguy on our hands. And no, I don't live on these forums as a forum troll as you apparently do.. I have no need to go around insulting others for their opinions.

BASIC FACTS:
-He posted his opinion, and you immediately had to make fun of him. Did that make you feel good?? Feel like a bigger man for making fun of someone over the internet?? Your e-points sure must be racking up high.

-I have met Majette one time, and know he is a good guy and knows his crap about guns. My post was for you not to bash people for posting their opinions as it is a free country. I even stated that I didn't agree with his list but that it was his opinion and he was entitled to it.

I'm just curious what you do for a living that makes you the foremost expert on firearms?? What training have you had?? How many competitions and at what level?? I'm not here to brag or put anyone else down. He had an opinion and he stated it. You had no reason to bash him other than to make your pathetic self feel better.

As for his list, have you ever fired a Steyr?? Ever even had one in your hands or seen one in person?? Have you shot anything with an isometric sight?? Those and ghost-ring sites are two of the quickest target acquiring sites made for firearms. Yet most people have never used either in a pistol.

As for my opinion, I would have changed some stuff around in his list. The kel-tec's would be at the very bottom for sure out of that list, but the standard 1911 would be down there as well. The 1911 was great for what it was intended for in Vietnam... to drop a rushing suicide bomber in their tracks. But in a pistol competition a stock 1911 is lacking, and definitely falls towards the bottom IF that's what you are judging. Custom 1911's on the other hand are things of beauty.

I would never put a list up like that myself, because there's always some jerk-off who is going to start calling names like a 3-year-old. It's an opinion. Your allowed to have another one, but there's no need to insult a person just because you don't agree. I have a buddy who regularly shoots competition at the advanced master level with a subcompact glock 9mm. The sad thing is that he usually wins. He just won a brand new gun a week ago shooting it. Common sense tells me that a subcompact gun is a bad choice for shooting competitions, but for some reason he is more comfortable with it than with his glock 19 or any of his full sized glocks.

I just don't see the need for name-calling. Who cares if someone has a different opinion than you?? All you've done is shown your childish ignorance. Instead of making a few new gun buddies who have a wide array of firearms which you'd get to try out you've decided to insult us. I just don't understand it. It's bad enough with all the liberals trying to take away our guns and our rights but do we really need this internal crap going on between fellow gun-owners??
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM
ef9zc
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTB: hand gun - springfield xd

So you aint want my xd45 for 450?