Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2013 Ford Fusion

Old 01-10-2012 | 04:11 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: 2013 Ford Fusion

facts don't belong on vadriven.
Old 01-10-2012 | 04:12 PM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Like most things on Factcheck.org reality has been bent to suit a left leaning political agenda.

Ford didn’t take any of the TARP money, period.

All of your tin foil hat nonsense about the Federal Reserve is a Michael Moore hack job too.

The reality is Ford took advantage of Department of Energy money meant to subsidize and drive more fuel efficient cars and hybrids. Several automakers did.

There’s a pretty big difference between that and taking the TARP money to avoid bankruptcy.
Originally Posted by POS DSM
Also, these people have been wrong before, but according to them they received a line of credit from Congress as well:
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/
I never said Ford took TARP money

They were bailed out to the tune of 16 billion.

And really, the only people who defend the Federal Reserve's actions are liberal Keynesians in academia and morons like you, you have a lot more in common with Michael Moore than I do.

Enjoy
www.gao.gov/new.items/d11696.pdf
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:19 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

-rep for not knowing the difference between a bailout and an asset backed loan. also, for not providing cliffs on a 250+ page gov't document.

yes, i signed the -rep.

any lending service *must* take loans -- from banks or gov't programs -- to provide lending to customers. where do you think banks get their money to loan to people? they put up collateral and in turn, receive cash.
Old 01-10-2012 | 07:36 PM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Like most things on Factcheck.org reality has been bent to suit a left leaning political agenda.

Ford didn’t take any of the TARP money, period.

All of your tin foil hat nonsense about the Federal Reserve is a Michael Moore hack job too.

The reality is Ford took advantage of Department of Energy money meant to subsidize and drive more fuel efficient cars and hybrids. Several automakers did.

There’s a pretty big difference between that and taking the TARP money to avoid bankruptcy.

Amen!
Old 01-10-2012 | 08:01 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

To me whether or not Ford took bailout money is totally irrelevant. Even if they did (and I'm not saying that I believe they did) look at what they're doing with it. They're building cars that people actually want to buy. No Volt horseshit that promises like 200mpg then ends up being a glorified hybrid that is overpriced and every once in a while succumbs to spontaneous combustion. No Dodge building the same crap they built before and expecting sales to increase through voodoo magic. Ford has a solid line of cars and trucks in both the domestic and international markets, so even if they had accepted bail-out money I'd be proud of what they've accomplished with it. I wish they had taken bail-out money so that the taxpayers would have at least one investment to be proud of.
Old 01-10-2012 | 10:13 PM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
-rep for not knowing the difference between a bailout and an asset backed loan. also, for not providing cliffs on a 250+ page gov't document.

yes, i signed the -rep.

any lending service *must* take loans -- from banks or gov't programs -- to provide lending to customers. where do you think banks get their money to loan to people? they put up collateral and in turn, receive cash.
How the hell is offering emergency loans through the discount window at 0.01% interest not a "bailout"? In fact, every news story on the matter calls it a bailout. You're splitting hairs. A solvent bank loans its own excess capital; an institution 'too big to fail' relies on funny money from the Fed.

And don't blame me for taking the troll bait not meant for you.

Last edited by POS DSM; 01-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.