Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Old 04-25-2005 | 09:42 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Im not talking about you Terry.
aight
Old 04-25-2005 | 12:28 PM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
i had people drive for 100 miles or more to get a custom alignment when i was at the shop i worked at before running my own, and never once did i have someone even think about asking or trying to jew me down on the price. it was fair for the work performed, and they all knew that you get what you pay for.

my new shop doesnt have an alignment rack yet, but i still have done them. and be glad they were able to get you in the day you brought it by. one of our local alignment shops is on a three week backlog........
When are you getting a alignment rack? What would you charge to do an alignment on a 240sx needs toe and camber (F&R with camber plates up front and rear adjustable Upper control arms) adjustments. I know the settings I want, just curious of a ballpark price?
Old 04-25-2005 | 12:54 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

usually, its 45/front align, 55/four wheel align, all depending on if there is any custom shit needed (slotting control arms, camber bolts, etc)

as of the moment, we are working on something.....it will be a while before i know for sure what is gonna happen. not any time soon for an align rack (14k for the lift, 8k for the machine. and that is used.....)
Old 04-25-2005 | 01:24 PM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
usually, its 45/front align, 55/four wheel align, all depending on if there is any custom shit needed (slotting control arms, camber bolts, etc)

as of the moment, we are working on something.....it will be a while before i know for sure what is gonna happen. not any time soon for an align rack (14k for the lift, 8k for the machine. and that is used.....)
Cool, keep me posted

Also, i wouldn't call it custom, since all of the custom stuff has been done, just needs to be adjusted evenly. (unless there is something i'm missing here).

Here's what I got on the rear:
(Adjustable RUCA, adjusts camber)

and up front:
Normal camber plates up front

Obviously since the car isn't in front of you i wouldn't expect a definate answer or price, but do adjusting these seem like it would be any more to adjust or about the same? Thanks for your help, I've just been trying to find a place I can trust to do my alignments.... I don't even want to begin to understand the string method..lol .....and goodluck getting your machine!
Old 04-25-2005 | 01:32 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i dont see a reason for it being much more then a standard four wheel alignment. if its to custom specs, most places charge about ten bucks more, all depending.
Old 04-25-2005 | 02:17 PM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Cool, keep me posted

Also, i wouldn't call it custom, since all of the custom stuff has been done, just needs to be adjusted evenly. (unless there is something i'm missing here).

Here's what I got on the rear:
(Adjustable RUCA, adjusts camber)

and up front:
Normal camber plates up front

Obviously since the car isn't in front of you i wouldn't expect a definate answer or price, but do adjusting these seem like it would be any more to adjust or about the same? Thanks for your help, I've just been trying to find a place I can trust to do my alignments.... I don't even want to begin to understand the string method..lol .....and goodluck getting your machine!
Terry in the future I need to get w/ you about this turbo kit im going to be building. Im going to be modeling after this setup. I dont know if you got to see this or really care but here is a video of this past week of Justin's V6 Mustang w/ stock internals, heads, cam. Just w/ TT's Running a 11.0 @17 PSI http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/product.htm
http://v6power.net/images/justin/v2/7-11.0run.wmv