Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle Newbie

Old 06-09-2008, 01:51 AM
cobra671
Old N Slow :D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cobra671 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Cycle Newbie

Originally Posted by _Sin_
so uh, at the MSF class they teach HOW to drive it right? I don't even know how to drive a manual car -_-. Going to feel like such a 'tard when I go, but ill pay for my friend to go at least so I have some company.
Yes, they'll do that also, but it's up to you after that to practice and use everything that they've taught you. 2 days of riding is not what I would call "experience", but most instructors will put more time into those who've never riden such as yourself. Just be vocal about it, if you have any doubts or questions. And have fun with it.

Goodluck! Good on you for taking baby steps.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 AM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Hopefully a local dealer has one monday or tuesday, I just want to see the thing in person. I want to get all the MSF class stuff out of the way before even thinking about buying it. I'td be fun to just go in and charge it all to my card though.

so uh, at the MSF class they teach HOW to drive it right? I don't even know how to drive a manual car -_-. Going to feel like such a 'tard when I go, but ill pay for my friend to go at least so I have some company.
you haven't signed up for the MSF class yet? Dude.....it's usually a killer wait before your class
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM
spaceMONKEY
Registered Member

spaceMONKEY spaceMONKEY

I couldn't drive manual when i took one back in 2000, but learned ok. I was so bad and sold the bike for school. Now I can drive stick well, and want to see how my bike skills are. Its cool they count the waiver for the written test too now. And I second the wait on classes. Killer indeed. I lucked out once and got in on someone who was late/noshows spot. Good luck, ride safe.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
_Sin_
SHAKE AND BAKE

_Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_

went today to look at them, didnt find a 250R, supposedly "sold out everywhere." I was told I could get one 1,000 over mrsp (and I guess before other fees)

they were more than happy to tell me the bike was "too small, and no power" for me and i'd want a 600cc one because if I did get the 250, i'd sell it in 30 days.

yea i dont want a 6k+ bike for my first one, and I want to become REAL comfortable before i'd get something faster. Also, avoid any newb mistakes as dropping the bike etc etc.

/sigh
Old 06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

went today to look at them, didnt find a 250R, supposedly "sold out everywhere." I was told I could get one 1,000 over mrsp (and I guess before other fees)

they were more than happy to tell me the bike was "too small, and no power" for me and i'd want a 600cc one because if I did get the 250, i'd sell it in 30 days.

yea i dont want a 6k+ bike for my first one, and I want to become REAL comfortable before i'd get something faster. Also, avoid any newb mistakes as dropping the bike etc etc.

/sigh
I'd maybe try looking for the older model or something else. Guys are selling used 08 Ninja 250's for $4k+ here and the word is to check back in the fall when they might have them in stock.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:08 PM
_Sin_
SHAKE AND BAKE

_Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_

problem is i like the styling and price of that ninja

rather not mess with used as im not mechanically inclined and don't want to buy someone elses problems
Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 AM
JDM74
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

problem is i like the styling and price of that ninja

rather not mess with used as im not mechanically inclined and don't want to buy someone elses problems
Most people selling the bike you are looking for are not selling it because the bike has problems. They are selling it because they are up grading to a bigger bike. Look into the Suzuki GS500F too. I had the non faring E version and it was a great little bike.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
GSRkid4Life
Registered Member

GSRkid4Life has disabled reputation

urgh right now im stuck between a GSXR 600 or a ninja 250r

need suggestions i dont want to have to upgrade
Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Johnny Bravo
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDM74
Most people selling the bike you are looking for are not selling it because the bike has problems. They are selling it because they are up grading to a bigger bike.
QFT
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM
SeanJohn
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GSRkid4Life
urgh right now im stuck between a GSXR 600 or a ninja 250r

need suggestions i dont want to have to upgrade
If you get a GSXR600 And you buy new. i would not pay over 10,--- OTD.