Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

reckless ticket or not?

Old 11-28-2011 | 12:09 PM
integrab17
ohh yea

integrab17 has disabled reputation
Default Re: reckless ticket or not?

I went to court and used the calibrated as my defense as well as the traffic and the speed changes from one point to another. The defective equipment is worth the same as the radar gun cops use. Some times their guns are off by a few mph as well. I talked to many lawyers before my court date and all of them told me the same thing about getting my speedometer checked. Usually cars that are more than 6 years old have calibration issues. Even though that is no excuse for speeding you could use that in your defense. My speedometer was off by 5mph. Making my r/d to a speeding ticket and the cop didn't even have the specs of the radar gun.

Yes, if i didn't bring up the calibration i could have been free of any speeding charges.

Go listen to some cases before your date comes to see the outcomes.
Old 12-10-2011 | 02:54 PM
6wheeler
Registered Member

6wheeler has disabled reputation

19 and over is considered wreckless driving in the state of VA. However, at that "minimal" a wreckless speed it's discretionary. If they let you pre-pay it then it IS pre-payable and not required that you show to court. But on paper it is a wreckless driving ticket. Period.
Old 12-10-2011 | 03:20 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by 6wheeler
19 and over is considered wreckless driving in the state of VA. However, at that "minimal" a wreckless speed it's discretionary. If they let you pre-pay it then it IS pre-payable and not required that you show to court. But on paper it is a wreckless driving ticket. Period.
You can't even spell "reckless" right therefore your opinion is moot.

Not only that, but you're a fucking idiot too.
Old 12-10-2011 | 03:38 PM
g S x
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

newport news Judge Masters didn't give a shit about my speedometer calibration sheet the time i tried it! He was cranky that day! lol