Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

dress code ??

Old 06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Veritas
MLB! Lets GO!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas
Default Re: dress code ??

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Dress codes are enforced to maintain a certain atmosphere in the club.
what else is it they dont allow? anyone know?
Old 06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 92 Lude SI
what else is it they dont allow? anyone know?
Most non-ghetto clubs in the area have a dress code like this:

No athletic wear (sweats, jerseys, jogging pants, velour workout suits, etc)
No constuction type shoes (Tims)
No plain white T-shirts
No Sleeveless shirts
No camoflauge
No excessively baggy clothing
No vulgar or lewd language on clothing

and finally:

Front door staff have discretion on who will be allowed into the club. We have the right to refuse entry to anyone for any reason.

Some will have provisions against tennis shoes, jeans, or requiring the wear of collared shirts.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 PM
J-mega99
NO SHUKN, NO JIVING

J-mega99 has disabled reputation

Dress codes are enforced to maintain a certain atmosphere in the club.
and a certain clientele.
I worked the "Block" at the oceanfront last summer along side VBPD, I met owners, spoke with bouncers often, etc. and got a look at things from the other side of the table. Most owners made no bones about it.........they didn't want black people in their clubs.

Alas, it's just the way of the world. The 25+ "mature" black clubs do the same thing trying to keep out the youth/knuckleheads.

Last edited by J-mega99; 06-29-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by J-mega99
and a certain clientele.
I worked the "Block" at the oceanfront last summer along side VBPD, I met owners, spoke with bouncers often, etc. and got a look at things from the other side of the table. Most owners made no bones about it.........they didn't want black people in their clubs.

Alas, it's just the way of the world. The 25+ "mature" black clubs do the same thing trying to keep out the youth/knuckleheads.
That's what I meant by "atmosphere".

Having been a bouncer at the oceanfront for a couple of (specifically, the one who enforced the dress code) I'll say that they (the club owners) don't want trouble in their clubs. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know by now, whenever you get ghetto-styled black people around each other in any numbers, there's always trouble.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:08 PM
J-mega99
NO SHUKN, NO JIVING

J-mega99 has disabled reputation

ghetto-styled black people
Again I've been on both sides of the car. From sitting in the back of it cuffed and "fitting the description" to putting the cuffs on a fucker and driving it myself.
I hate to give up my Timbs to be on par, but I do understand why. I just cant pull off the stoner look.
Maybe I can attach a minimized copy of my bachelors to the shoestrings and hit them with a 5 syllable word or two(he speaks so well) to let'em know I'm "one of the good ones".lol
Old 06-30-2005, 06:36 AM
boostedgst97
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

thanks everybody went wearing a nice polo shirt and some nice jeans.
and for everything thing else that has been said it like the old saying you can take the monkey out the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the monkey. meanin that no matter what you will always have some stupid ass people do stupid ass thing when they get with a bunch of people from the same race. they could be the most polite cultured person you know until they get around the same race and all it takes is a bad apple to bring out the worst.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 AM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

So I'm assuming you went to the "School Girl Contest"?

That placed was packed.. I left early around 12:30ish and there was STILL 50-75 people trying to get into Cafe..

As long as you dont have a Number and a name on the back of your Jersey, its fine.. Ive worn my Red Sox "Jersey" a few times when I dont feel like dressing up.. Just a thick button up and Says "Red Sox" on the front, nothing on the back..