Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Somebody ran over my R6 again!

Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Somebody ran over my R6 again!

Originally Posted by Dubee88
that sucks man but if they get you a rental it will make life a bit easier...have the dude at the bike shop claim that he did the labor and you go to his shop and do it yourself...if he is cool with you like that
I just know him from here... its not like we are buddy buddy. he is just helping with the claim. Mainly because once I get the claim amount, I am using that and paying his shop to tune my bike and do some repairs (plugs, oil, seals, block off plates, and possibly paint).

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 09-17-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I know if steve tunes it shit will be money. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by j4k3
I know if steve tunes it shit will be money. Good luck.
Yea... i told Nagger that once Skrooz tunes my shit.. I was gonna put a hurtin on him.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Could be worse, drunk driver hit my girls truck and ran and it wasnt settled/paid off for...3-4 months? Even though the police caught the driver running down the street after hitting it(was parked), his insurance company wanted to bullshit. It is however good to hear that the person who did it was identified, makes things more difficult but at least she didnt get away.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

I feel your pain, and good luck! (I would weird bad saying break a leg since it's a bike...)

I'm dealing with dumb tow companies and a dumb VA Towing board to get a refund for having my car ransomed by the tow company in the neighboring lot (towed from my lot).
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

That is exactly why I don't park in parking spaces, I make my own in the small unusable places so cars won't even try to park there in the first place. Sorry to hear though, man that is ridiculous!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:03 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Well... here is the deal. I have had a few people ask me about when my bike is going to be done.

So I figured I would post up and say what is going on and what I have been dealing with this last week.

So... The police get this incodent report in the system 2 weeks after the accident. I get a call from my insurance company and they tell me that my check is in the mail.

The next morning. I get a phone call from my friendly neighborhood police officer. He tells me that the lady that hit my car. Turned herself in the next day. So, the incodent is no longer a hit and run. He then gave me her information.

So I call my insurance company, thinking that they will go after her insurance company for reimbursment.
WRONG! Since it is no longer a hit and run, and I am only covered by liability. I have to take up a claim through her insurance. So they put a stop on the check they sent me. (which I might add, arrived in the mail the that same day).

So... My insurance was nice enough to call USAA for me and go ahead and start my claim process. So now I am dealing with them.

I called the lady that is supposed to be handling my claim. Called her on Thursday around 12 and again at 3. I left messages both times. No return call. I called the following morning and left another voicemail. After waiting to hear back from her until 12. I called a 4th time and talked so somebody else.

Told them that I have already been waiting 2 weeks for the police to process everything. Then they didn't tell me that she turned herself in the following day. So now my insurance is not going to cover it and I have to have a claim through them. That the person I am supposed to deal with is not answering and I have some things to sort out. What type of complications is there going to be since I have already started repairs on my bike?

They proceeded to tell me that they will only cover what is left of the damages or they will go off of Progressives quote which has the $200 deductable taken out. So I told them that I would put all the old parts back on and they needed to send out an adjuster.

So come monday (3 days later... I wouldn't want to disturb and ruin anybody's weekend) I get a call from USAA they will have an adjuster out within the next 3 business days. The vehicle needs to be in the same location for the next 3 days and where the adjuster can easily get to it.

They literally wanted me to leave my bike outside for 3 days! I told them that they will need to call me and give me a warning and I will have the bike ready by the time they get there. So after arguing for about 20 minutes on why I am not leaving my bike outside, they finally agree.

So.. I get a call late monday saying that the adjuster will be out on Tuesday to look at my bike in the A.M. (disclaimer "sometime before 3 pm.) So I am up at 8 am waiting for the adjuster. He gets there around 11 and I pull the bike out for him.

He starts taking pictures and writting down my information. I proceed to tell him what is wrong with the bike. He then stands right there and tells me.

"First off - I cannot give you a quote on your bike. I only have pricing and parts for cars and trucks."

"Second - USAA is not going to pay for labor if you are going to do all the repairs yourself"

"Third - You are going to have to take this bike up and have it appraised to get the value of the damages."

Needless to say I was starting to get a little heated!

I turned an stated... "So let me get this straight. Your driver hits my "parked" vehicle and left the scene, forcing me to do repairs to my own bike. Then turning herself in the next day. Me not getting the information for 2 weeks and now having to start the process all over. Exactly, how long am I supposed to wait before I start fixing my bike?!"

"Second - I don't give a shit what you think. My labor is worth being paid for, and if it wasn't for your driver I wouldn't have to fix my bike. So labor will be paid!"

"third - What the hell have I waited 4 days for? And why did you even bother coming here in the first place? You cannot give me a quote and are telling me that I have to go pay $100 out of my pocket to have my bike appraised before you will pay out!"

"forth and foremost - This is my only mode of transportation. I ride it all the time. You are wanting me to put it in to be appraised (which takes 2 - 3 days due to having to take it apart) and then give you the quote. In which takes 3 days to process and 7 - 10 days to mail out. So... I am put put my bike in the shop for the next 2 weeks?! Then once they get the check they can start to order parts and wait on shipping. Once all my pieces get there. They will start to put the bike back together and paint it. So I am supposed to a month without my bike?"

"Not happening... you need to call somebody and figures something else out."

He said that I would be reimbursed for the quote fee, and given a rental car until it was all done.

I told him that I would call him by the end of the day today with what I was doing.

So... I took my bike up to Diva Customs and Skrooz is helping me out on getting the quote done quickly. So... hopefully by the end of next week.. I will be getting the settlement money from this accident.

On a side note.. USAA is a shit ass insurance company and seems to employ the retarded!
First off, your insurance company should not have stopped their check, and instead should have subrogated their money back from USAA.

Secondly, customer service means nothing to a lot of companies, especially when you're not their 'insured' and are coming after their 'insured.'

My advice would be that based on the situation call your insurance company and complain about why they stopped payment instead of subrogating because that would have made your life a lot more easier. If they don't offer to take care of it, call USAA and be a thorn in their side. The bigger a pain you are, the faster they'll handle your claim so they can be done with you.

I'm a licensed insurance agent for VA and 48 other states and the District of Columbia so if you have questions LMK and I'll see if I can help you out.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:24 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
First off, your insurance company should not have stopped their check, and instead should have subrogated their money back from USAA.

Secondly, customer service means nothing to a lot of companies, especially when you're not their 'insured' and are coming after their 'insured.'

My advice would be that based on the situation call your insurance company and complain about why they stopped payment instead of subrogating because that would have made your life a lot more easier. If they don't offer to take care of it, call USAA and be a thorn in their side. The bigger a pain you are, the faster they'll handle your claim so they can be done with you.

I'm a licensed insurance agent for VA and 48 other states and the District of Columbia so if you have questions LMK and I'll see if I can help you out.

They stopped payment because I am covered under liability only. Since the hit and run was classified under "uninsured motorist", they were going to cover it. But since the lady turned herself in.. it was no longer considered a hit and run. My insurance said that if I had collision that they would be able to go ahead and cover it then go after USAA for reimbursment.

But I will be calling around tomorrow and finding out what is going on. Apparently, USAA does not do their own quotes. They subcontract out to another person. And that person is not able to do the quote. So he is relying on the shops quote.

So... My claim has to go from the shop, to the contracted middle man, to the insurance company.

I think it kinda sucks. But on the other hand.. it is a non bias way of getting a quote I guess.