Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless driving ticket question

Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Lars
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars
Default Re: Reckless driving ticket question

haha yes- did you have judge atlee? thats who I had, im pretty sure he was smiling the whole time
Old 08-31-2007, 10:26 PM
doorsfan0468
Registered Member

doorsfan0468 has disabled reputation

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question...I got a reckless driving ticket tonight and Im scared as all get out. Reading some of these posts made me breath much easier but let me set my situation up. I was at a football game tonight and needed to get back into the parking lot to pick my sister up, who is in marching band. So I was in the left turn lane to get in the lot, and an officer had stopped me, I had waited 15 minutes before my dad called and told me he already got in to pick her up. So in the "normal" lane of traffic, no cars were coming, from the left turn lane I put my right signal on and turned into this subdivision to my right. (I didnt jump out in front of any cars, the road i jumped out across was dead) I went into the subdivision, turned around, and came back to the front of the subdivision and wanted to turn left to go back home. The officer walked up to my car and asked to see license and registration. He gave me the ticket and I have a court date and all that happy shit, I know how everything works and what to wear now, but I have nothing on my record, I got a 4.0 in high school, and i am attending college now, where I am getting good grades doing my HW, everything, Ive never been to court or to jail, or had to pay fines, NOTHING. What do you all think my "sentence" will be? Do you think it will involve a LARGE fine or JAIL TIME? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
Old 09-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Dmac
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Most likely driving school and court cost since it's your first offense
Old 09-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Bizkit64
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Originally Posted by Letze
I have a radar detector, but I've never had it out/in use wile in Virginia or withing 2 miles of Virginia... cops all over VA have Radar Detector Detectors...

not to mention if you see the funny little bugger hanging on the drivers side out the window its a laser detector... works both ways and can even pinpoint the vehicle... (which means cluster speeding wont work)

Virginia has the most ridiculous laws on speeding and associated actions. I bought my radar detector in alabama at a local best buy the things were being sold like cd's just out in the open, grab one and take it to the register!, they had more radar and laser detectors than they had head units...
Damn, laser dector to... But what I've heard is all of Williamsburg James City County there's like 2 cars with a radar detector detector... Let's hope its not every car haha.

Originally Posted by negr089
lucky bastard..i my ticket was 102 in a 60.. man was i f***ed.. i ended up getting 6 months suspended liscense. 600 dollar fine and i just finished servin my 6 days in jail..and i had a lawyer who sucked balls.. wasnt cheap either.. check out my thread for more info
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195490
Damn jail for even 2 days i would poop my pants.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:31 AM
doorsfan0468
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dmac
Most likely driving school and court cost since it's your first offense
I sure hope, I pretty much determined for myself I won't get jail time. I just need people to reeasure me. I wasnt able to get any sleep last night, but when I did i had a dream about going to court and I was sentenced to death. HAHA My dad has helped calm me down too, I just have this "I feel bad" thing going on, like I let someone down, you know.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 AM
3Point5SE
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I got my first reckless driving 1 month after getting my license for doing 26 over and I only had to go to drivers improvement, 26 hours of community service, and thats all... no license suspended or anything. But I had a good ass Lawyer.

oh and i didn't have to pay any ticket. only the court cost, community service cost, and lawyer cost, that came out to $500

Last edited by 3Point5SE; 09-01-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:59 AM
doorsfan0468
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PT2131
I got my first reckless driving 1 month after getting my license for doing 26 over and I only had to go to drivers improvement, 26 hours of community service, and thats all... no license suspended or anything. But I had a good ass Lawyer.

oh and i didn't have to pay any ticket. only the court cost, community service cost, and lawyer cost, that came out to $500
Im not planning on hiring a lawyer,even though it may help in some cases, but I have been given advice by many people and they have told me that if you get a lawyer, the judge thinks you are trying to protest the ticket. My court date is Sept. 25, so I have time to plan what I am going to say. I am just going to tell the truth, swallow my pride, and admit that I wrong, and I was wrong. and that "no emotion that I felt at the time is an excuse for my behavior."
Old 09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Dmac
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doorsfan0468
Im not planning on hiring a lawyer,even though it may help in some cases, but I have been given advice by many people and they have told me that if you get a lawyer, the judge thinks you are trying to protest the ticket. My court date is Sept. 25, so I have time to plan what I am going to say. I am just going to tell the truth, swallow my pride, and admit that I wrong, and I was wrong. and that "no emotion that I felt at the time is an excuse for my behavior."
Maybe going to driver improvement beforehand will be good b/c a chick did that and he dropped the reckless charge since it was her first offense
Old 09-01-2007, 01:36 PM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by doorsfan0468
That may be true of normal traffic citation, however reckless driving is a misdemeanor. Aside from the additional "civil penalties" that may be assessed (depending on how the GA "fixes" things next session), you face the life-long consequences of a criminal misdemeanor conviction. I would suggest that you at least talk to a lawyer so that you know what you are up against.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:10 PM
doorsfan0468
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
That may be true of normal traffic citation, however reckless driving is a misdemeanor. Aside from the additional "civil penalties" that may be assessed (depending on how the GA "fixes" things next session), you face the life-long consequences of a criminal misdemeanor conviction. I would suggest that you at least talk to a lawyer so that you know what you are up against.
Your right, Im going to talk to a lawyer this week....I still can not believe I did this....I will let you all know what happens..