Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Roanoke Street Racing Video...

Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
myclone
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Roanoke Street Racing Video...

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I was going to end up dead.
X2 here. The above is exactly why I dont own a bike and I'll admit to being way too stupid to own one since Id be WFO all the time. With a bike I dont even need a throttle just an on/off switch and the next thing you know theyre scraping whats left of me off a bridge abutment or the front of someones car.....or worse yet I dont get killed and end up a quadraplegic and having someone else feed me, wipe my ass, etc. No thanks.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:43 AM
20psi 240sx
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

107/55 on my Kawasaki
why did you stop? j/p i would've stopped also, but almost every other rider out there just runs.
Shaun
Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 20psi 240sx
why did you stop? j/p i would've stopped also, but almost every other rider out there just runs.
Shaun
Various reasons I guess.. Misdameanor versus felony, mostly. I was in an area where I don't think I would have been able to get out of.. Very remote location, very loud pipe on my bike, very bald front tire, and most of all I wasn't familiar enough with the roads to be comfortable even considering trying to make a get-away... and beyond that, I was already stopped in the break between the median to do a U-Turn and head home, so I didn't have 100mph of momentum between the trooper and myself, and really didn't know he was there until he threw his lights on. He didn't even have his headlights on--he just caught up to me when I stopped to turn around and call it a night.

Wasn't worth running though.. Sucks that all this is going on, but it wasn't worth the risk.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
flyn2low
Registered Member

flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
and zero....iam not saying your wrong..but i found it odd when i went to talk to my agent i was informed any aftermarket parts would get my insurnce droped.....was informed that any air intake..turbo and nos kits ....would cause my policy to be droped if it was involved in ANY Accident....they also asked for up to date pictures of the car..and if i did buy/wanted it under my policy they wanted to see it in person......there whole reasoning was that to all the ricers they dont want "overhead" risk by covering a drive who has non-essintal equipment....
you have FARMERS INSURANCE? so do i and i only pay less then $200 a year for my DEL SOL. well i think it's b/c it's under my dad's and mine name and we have like 5 cars through them and our houses too and been with them for more then 10 years. i find it very odd that they said any aftermarket parts would get ur insurance droped. they have never ask me any question like that or ask for pictures either.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
flyn2low
Registered Member

flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low

Hi ADAM, this is VY, remember me?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:29 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by flyn2low
Hi ADAM, this is VY, remember me?
Heeey.. How are ya?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
flyn2low
Registered Member

Heeey.. How are ya?
i'm doing good. you and ur girl should go bowling sometime. good luck with court
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

i'm doing good. you and ur girl should go bowling sometime. good luck with court
We went a few weeks ago actually.. Other than that, haven't been in a while. You weren't there.

We'll be back soon probably.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 AM
flyn2low
Registered Member

don't work saturday nite anymore but i work sunday nite
Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 AM
AMDxp2000
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

you have FARMERS INSURANCE? so do i and i only pay less then $200 a year for my DEL SOL. well i think it's b/c it's under my dad's and mine name and we have like 5 cars through them and our houses too and been with them for more then 10 years. i find it very odd that they said any aftermarket parts would get ur insurance droped. they have never ask me any question like that or ask for pictures either.

It's my me and my car on my insurance policy....i went to them after my first crash about buying a honda to replace my current car......decide to stick with this car and not bother having the front bumper repainted