Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 AM
ridinboost757
I <3 757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all
Default Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?

So I moved to Va Beach two months ago and the first day I was there they got me for a seat belt ticket. He said just send in the money and everything will be fine, it doesn't even go on my record as a moving violation. So I thought alright then, went home payed it forgot about it. Well I got a call yesterday from my mom saying I got somthing in the mail from DMV. They suspended my license for it. Even though it was paid and everything, anybody else ever heard of this?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?

well apparently you didnt pay it.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 AM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Go to the clerks office of that court and get a copy of the receipt. If it was late, there are late fees. Pay the late fees if needed. Take the receipt to DMV to show you payed the fines. Pay DMV the reinstatement fee. The clerks office will have what you need. It's possible that if you sent the money in before the courts copy of the summons arrived at the court that the two never got attached together.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 AM
euro sport
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

This happened to me on a parking ticket. Wife paid it, but mistook the total and was short $20. I get pulled over a month later and find out my license was suspended. It was an honest mistake, but getting your license back is a total pain in the ass!

Just be prepared to provide proof of citizenship (passport or birth certificate) to get your license back. I couldn't find my BC, so I had to order one and wait for it to arrive in the mail. Fucking sucks.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 AM
CivicRenModelX
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

If you mailed in your payment that is why. My wife mailed in her payment for a ticket in Virginia Beach and they claimed they never received it. She ended up getting screwed too. You have to pay it online or in person and get a receipt.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 AM
ridinboost757
I <3 757

ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all

Well the ticket was only $25 dollars, we have the bank statement and the confirmation number. The thing is I'm in NY picking up a car and I have to drive back on Saturday, now on a suspended license.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 AM
ridinboost757
I <3 757

For the record, just found out we paid it over the phone with a credit card with the accountant on the line for the courts.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by ridinboost757
For the record, just found out we paid it over the phone with a credit card with the accountant on the line for the courts.
To get this right, even if it's the courts fault you will have to go to the clerks office to get a copy of the payment and take it to DMV. I'd take whatever documents you have to show your card got charged to the clerks office as well, it could save some hassles. Maybe if it was paid on time and is the courts mistake DMV won't charge you the reinstatement fee. I don't think the clerks office can fix this without you going to DMV.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Uzi Crooklyn
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

no. the DMV will still charge you the reinstatement fee even if it were the courts fault. learned my lesson the hard way. at that point i didn't mind paying it as i was just glad to get my liscense back. no sense fighting it, you are going to lose no matter what.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
The_rabbit1
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

yeah, just follow the speed limits, remember your turn signals and behave, you should be ok. but your going to have to come down here to straighten it out.

Quick Reply: Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?