Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

got a LS/vtec setup..need help motor setup

Old 04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default got a LS/vtec setup..need help motor setup

K i basically need help with my motor build and best way i should build it, i have the ls head to put back on. Just throw out yalls thoughts. Boost or go N/a, i thought to keep ls/vtec and put type r cam in it and new intake manifold and call it a day.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
RankZ-28

RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28 RankZ-28
Default Re: got a LS/vtec setup..need help motor setup

this thread has a lot of good information if you decide to stay ls/vtec

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914
Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
NaIsGay
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

what are your goals?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Redlsvtec4door
Registered Member

Redlsvtec4door has disabled reputation

Ive had a fully bult 12:1, cammed tuned ls/vtec and a turbo ls with 300hp on stock internals tuned. GO boost you wont regret it.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 PM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

my goals would be lots of power, while not going crazy on cash
Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 PM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

i hear its not good to run ls/vtec turbo but is it possible? and what would u have to do..... bigger pistons?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
awd4lyfe
Registered Member

awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SweRveY
my goals would be lots of power, while not going crazy on cash

your not getting lots of power with out paying so stay stock until you have the money to do it right the first time, you wont regret it trust me.

you will get higher numbers for less money with boost

yes you can turbo a ls/vtec setup, just get a good tune and you will be fine.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

Originally Posted by awd4lyfe
your not getting lots of power with out paying so stay stock until you have the money to do it right the first time, you wont regret it trust me.

you will get higher numbers for less money with boost

yes you can turbo a ls/vtec setup, just get a good tune and you will be fine.
thanks man yeah i know nothing gonna be cheap..u know what i mean . what kind of numbers are ls/vtec turbo setup puttin out on stock internals?