Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

timing belt / oosted crx question

Old 10-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runnin13s is on a distinguished road
Default timing belt / oosted crx question

ok ewll firts how the hell do u get the timing belt back on a b16 motor> ? i tried loosiening the tension bolt and tht helped but still couldnt get it ...some please help ...
next how do u boosted crx guys fit ur radiator in there?...pics would help

thanks

zach
Old 10-03-2004, 03:51 PM
EvolutionBoostin
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timing belt / oosted crx question

Timing belts are a bitch, just keep working with it and it should go on. I usually have to slide mine on at an angle.

As far as the radiator, I use a half size radiator out of a 92-95 and mount it on the passenger side, that's just about the only way to make a big turbo fit under there. Depending on the manifold you use, it may fit right in there. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

well i have a half size and it is still too tall and i had to spin the turbo around so the compressor was on the drivers side and now the down pipe stil hits the radiator ..so basicly i have the radiator tilted backwords and at an angle ...with teh fan on the front of it ......i really hate it cuz i have a really nice set up and really nice welded intercooler piping thanks to arnel ..... ...and then a crooked ass radiator that leans back ...
Old 10-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It'll go, just make sure the tensioner is loose enough to move out of the way easily, you may have to slightly (very slightly) rotate the cam gears to get the belt teeth to mesh and slide onto the gears. They'll actually be out of alignment (turned toward each other) until you tighten up the belt. It'll go, just be patient..
Oh yeah, make sure the belt isn't too tight or you'll roast the tensioner bearing very quickly. Don't ask how I know that.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

lol well i have adjustable cam gears ....iono if that makes a diff. but i did loosen the bolt enough and the tried FOREVER .....i started my kit at 8 oclock this morning and have been trying to get the belt ..on ...on and off inbetween doing other stuff for the turbo kit ....and it just doesnt look like its happening ...other than that all i have left to do is pick up my oil pan install it and finish relocting my battery and my car is done
Old 10-03-2004, 05:37 PM
spooledex
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Turn the crank your belt must be binded down there somewhere. Why did you ever take it off in the first place? Did you put that 2mm headgasket on. That might be why it's so tight? MAYBE
Old 10-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

yeah i put the head gasket on thats why i t is off ...and i also went ahead and bought some dajustable cam gears cuz arnel said they where gonnabe needed for that head gasket... i tried turning the crant if i turn it one way it gets tighter and if i turn it the other it goes into a compression stroke ..then i just pushed it through tthe compression and it still didnt losen...i didt mess anything up by going throught the compressions stroke did ? i set everything back to TDC though after words
Old 10-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

EVERYTHING is done only thing left is this damn timing belt....